corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Should Rooney be dropped by England...

Poll: Should Rooney be dropped by England...
  Yes
  No

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Should Rooney be dropped by England...
Marc

User status: Offline
14th Oct 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...until he gets some form back, and give someone else an international run?

I think he should be dropped. Me and my mate said he should be played following the media interest so he can keep his focus, but as its been a while now and he clearly isn't with it, he should be dropped. This includes United too, we should drop him and have Owen/Chicarito partner Berbatoss.
Eck
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His heart clearly isn't in it. Dropped and fined by Man Utd for his piss poor performances. If it was any random punter in the street who was shagging a two bob hooker behind his pregnant wifes back, then went back to his job and did abysmal levels of work, he'd be disciplined.
Nath

14th Oct 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he doesn't perform for United then yes.
Ben D

14th Oct 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He played alright for England i thought, no worse than anyone else anyway, Ok he didn't bag a hat trick and play as well as he can do, but could you say Crouch played better than him?
Marc

14th Oct 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with Crouch is he doesn't play every international, but Rooney is seen as the golden boy of England and gets picked either way.

It would probably do him good to be dropped, he has a lot of expectation hanging over him.
Cavey

14th Oct 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The next qualifier isnt until March iirc, so yes, if he carries on like this he should be dropped and someone else should be given a chance in whatever friendlies we have between now and then.

Imo, if we'd had a few other strikers fit, Bent, Defoe etc... There's a chance he would of at least been subbed, if he'd of started at all.

[Edited on 14-10-2010 by Cavey]
p

14th Oct 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah drop the tosser
Tommy L

14th Oct 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't compare him to Crouch over one game. 1, he hasn't really been playing for England and 2, his club form has been pretty good. Rooney's hasn't. I said the other day he needs to be dropped as he, and everybody else, knows his is pretty much the first name on the team sheet without fail.
Whittie

14th Oct 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's taken Fabio ages to drop Heskey. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.
chrisritch

16th Oct 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
It's taken Fabio ages to drop Heskey. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

Heskey retired, Crapello didnt have a choice in that one

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Should Rooney be dropped by England... 24 database queries in 0.0089948 seconds