corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Moaning Idiots

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Moaning Idiots
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Oct 10 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex lives on a busy main road so if I ever have my nephew there, I make sure that I park with the side of the car his car seat is on, to the pavement. This saves me having to die a death of fright if someone drives past as I'm getting him out the car. Hwoever, if I ever witness someone doing the oposite (happens often where I live) I stop and wait. I may think the parents/guardians are utter fools, but that's not the fault of an unaware child who doesn't realise they can't just hop out the car.

Also, if you drive a car with a sooped up exhaust etc, then you have to take it on the chin when you come across the usual stereotypes. If you don't like it, change the car because you are an idiot to believe peoples opinions will ever change.

Oh and as for that wee advertisement put in the paper about someone driving...if someone was driving up my street peeping their horn, wheelspinning etc at twenty to 8 on a Sunday morning, I'd be doing far more than a showing up in the local paper!!
alan-g-w

17th Oct 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not wanting to get at you Shell but, as said, I'm not going to change the car just because of what people think of me. They can go on on thinking what they want, it's me with the speedo in front of me that's reading the limit.
big eck

17th Oct 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People moaning at the noise a car makes is not the issue I think shell is on about Alan. Its the way people use them purely to wind some people up that's very childish.
alan-g-w

17th Oct 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, well agreed there then.
AK

17th Oct 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so.... because I have a track car, that means i'm not a ned?
alan-g-w

17th Oct 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want. But what I meant is that at this point I can't afford to have a 'normal' car for kicking about in, getting to work and back etc as well as a specific track car. I'll assume you've got a sedate car for driving to your grannies and back at the weekends as well as the track cars, sorry if I'm wrong. So basically you've got the best of both worlds, at the moment I'm having to compromise driving the car anywhere I need to go (South of Glasgow to Oban on Tuesday actually) plus I want it to be a hoot to drive as well.
3CorsaMeal

17th Oct 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
. Its the way people use them purely to wind some people up that's very childish.

i think its ignorant of people to let the dogs bark and not think to try and quiet them up, its obvious the dogs i am talking of are left in a room in the morning as you hear them whining.

if my car is what annoys them so much then i don't feel too bad about having a noisy car
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After having a loud exhaust for 3 years, I've never had any problems with neighbours, despite sometimes having to go out to work at 4-6 o'clock in the morning and sometimes only getting home at gone midnight. I've had negative responses whilst out and about but as I've matured (calmed down) I rarely get that anymore too. Can't remember the last time anyone seemed to have an issue with it
alan-g-w

17th Oct 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I purposely change gear sooner when I'm coming home at night, as said after about 9, at that sort of time people are well within their rights to get annoyed with you buzzing about. I know when I was a wee guy I used to get woken by people with loud exhausts and it annoyed me
big eck

17th Oct 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by big eck
. Its the way people use them purely to wind some people up that's very childish.

i think its ignorant of people to let the dogs bark and not think to try and quiet them up, its obvious the dogs i am talking of are left in a room in the morning as you hear them whining.

if my car is what annoys them so much then i don't feel too bad about having a noisy car

you cant exactly tell a dog to bark in a softer tone

you can however make your car quieter
Ben G

17th Oct 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neighbour up the road lets her shitty gay dog out the garden and leaves it out there for hours.

poor thing barks to come in and it's just left out there.

drives me crazy when i'm on nights. gonna murder the dog i think.

you can teach a dog to stop barking, it's called discipline.
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been noticing the "moaning idiots" today whilst driving about

I was going down a moderately steep hill with 2 cars in front of me, doing about 25mph (NSL road btw) in 3rd so it was just on over-run. Some moody old woman walking down the hill on the other side of the road looked round with mega rage face at me, presumably because it was loud There was nobody behind me so can't have been anyone else.

Meh, I just laughed

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Moaning Idiots 24 database queries in 0.0170388 seconds