corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » personal injury

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author personal injury
Nath

User status: Offline
20th Oct 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's also the 'doctors' fault too. My sister was in a crash and she went to see a doctor that was recommended to her by an insurance company. And he basically didnt give a fuck if she was or wasn't injured. He asked her on a scale of 1-10 what the pain was
Kerry

20th Oct 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't care my insurance is cheap anyway
Having said that I've never claimed for personal injury because all I've been fussed about is getting my car fixed
chloe16v

20th Oct 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
I don't care my insurance is cheap anyway
Having said that I've never claimed for personal injury because all I've been fussed about is getting my car fixed

car was a total loss, waiting for money from insurers so i can get a new car, only had the astra 7 weeks
SetH

20th Oct 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
oh come on, it is common knowledge that the system is abused and people make money out of it, only the other month there was that programme on TV where people were driving and slamming the brakes on intentionally to be hit so they could make injury claims.

I agree 100% but we are talking about people that have been genuinely involved in a non fault accident through someone else's carelessness, not the scammers.
chloe16v

20th Oct 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was one of these that hit me

iveco daily

BarnshaW

20th Oct 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet you are having nightmares and flashbacks and all sorts whenever you see one of them now.
3CorsaMeal

20th Oct 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speeding imo
Neo

20th Oct 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never claimed but everyone else in my family have, however not anything excessive. I don't see a problem if your either recouping loss of earnings/future earnings.

Brother was in his fiance's dad's car and a transit rammed them off the road, he was out of work for a week because his left arm was trapped between the seat and door so really badly bruised

Parents and other brother and sister were in a crash where some coffin dodger passed out and went straight into them, my old man requested loss of earnings plus near future as his leg and side were really badly bruised and could hardly move, mum got a small payout for her leg being jarred and having to go to hospital for xray's and stuff (basically paid for fuel and car parking/taxi's etc) and little brother got a small amount because his neck was injured so had to use a taxi to get to school for a month instead of riding his bike.

Looking back at an injury I had about 8 years ago now (not driving or car related) I wish I had sue'd the school for future losses, I missed countless days during gcse's and countless weeks at work (loss of earnings) and still suffer every day now.

It's wrong to tar every case witht he same brush, however I do disagree with people who use being traumatised as a reason to get more money and people who claim for everything they can at the smallest bump and milk it for months and months asking for more and more

And obviously fake claims....
Ojc

Probably thought "wow look at all those dogs in the boot"
chloe16v

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
speeding imo

yep i believe he was
pow
Premium Member

20th Oct 10 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought this happened on a NSL road?

Oliver Crowe
chloe16v

20th Oct 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

the dog was sat on the front seat as we was on our way to ring craft (dog show training) an as i result of the accident i have had to miss the past 3 weeks

[Edited on 20-10-2010 by chloe16v]
Lawrah
Premium Member

20th Oct 10 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel for the fire.
Russ

20th Oct 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

the dog was sat on the front seat as we was on our way to ring craft (dog show training) an as i result of the accident i have had to miss the past 3 weeks

[Edited on 20-10-2010 by chloe16v]

[Edited on 20-10-2010 by Russ]
BarnshaW

20th Oct 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

russ
Russ

20th Oct 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the last bit she put, having to miss the last 3 weeks
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Oct 10 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

And that stops people speeding how? I assume you keep to the speed limit at all times then?
Ben G

20th Oct 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The next time ANY of you twats moan about the price of car insurance, I will refer you all back to this thread and the people claiming thousands for having a sore neck.

next time i hear you moaning about your sore arsehole i will refer you to the thread where you got shafted by a big dildo.

my back hurts right now as i've just done 8 hours work standing up. didn't hurt before the accident, go figure.

i want a massage.
Fro

20th Oct 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Most of the people on this site will claim beneifts in their life at some point, again, there to help you when you do need it. I've claimed numerous times when I couldn't get a job, I pay enough in why shouldn't I take some back?

My dad has worked all his life, since 16, now he cant get a job (self employed) because the line of work he is in is full of young lads getting paid a smaller amount, he recently had to use benefits and felt like shit doing it, I told him the exact same thing I just said above.

The bandwagon isnt big enough for all of you.

I think that's why people are having a problem with it.

Both of your examples have involved 'paying in' however I believe everyone is going on her not having been in work ergo never 'paying in'.
Fro

20th Oct 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by pow

And that stops people speeding how? I assume you keep to the speed limit at all times then?

Iveco Daily over 3.5 tonnes and being used for commercial use should be limited to 56pmh so less than any NSL limits so wouldn't speed in them.

[Edited on 20-10-2010 by fro-dizzle]
Russ

20th Oct 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plot thickens...

[Edited on 20-10-2010 by Russ]
sc0ott

20th Oct 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet those who moan about claiming etc do other things which is just as bad. I.e illegal downloading.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Oct 10 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i bet people moaning about people moaning about people claiming are people claiming

[Edited on 20-10-2010 by Steve]
sc0ott

20th Oct 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More than likely, yes.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » personal injury 23 database queries in 0.0302029 seconds