corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Event [New Program] Ch4 9pm

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Event [New Program] Ch4 9pm
Ben D

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brand new program on Channel 4 IT's been advertised a fair bit recently and is supposed to be quite good.

Anyone else going to give it a watch? it's a double bill btw

The Event
Season 1 Episode 1 of 12
Pilot New series. Drama following a man who discovers the biggest cover-up in American history when he attempts to locate his fiancee, who has disappeared from a Caribbean cruise. Sean Walker stumbles upon a national conspiracy just as President Elias Martinez is about to announce the release of a group of detainees. Starring Jason Ritter, Sarah Roemer and Blair Underwood

Season 1 Episode 2 of 12
To Keep Us Safe President Martinez's staff work quickly to assess what happened to the plane and how to respond. Director of national intelligence Blake Sterling locks down Sophia for interrogation, while the conspiracy widens, engulfing agent Collier and Carter - a mercenary with questionable ties
SetH

22nd Oct 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me
Jambo

22nd Oct 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw the adds when i was in USA looks good
Bart

22nd Oct 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on the 5th episode.

Episode 1 was by the best so far, very intruiging.

It reminds me of lost a little bit, involves the plane crash with ALOT of jumping back and forth in time.

Quite good so far and will carry on.
Ben D

22nd Oct 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't expecting that! planes disappearing n shit
Dom

22nd Oct 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So far it's too similar to Lost and Lost was shit. Hopefully episode 2 will be better.....
jamied

22nd Oct 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
im on the 5th episode.

Episode 1 was by the best so far, very intruiging.

It reminds me of lost a little bit, involves the plane crash with ALOT of jumping back and forth in time.

Quite good so far and will carry on.

me too. does get a little confusing at times going backwards and forwards but is a good show so far
Just hope they dont do a flashforward on this one and cancel
Ben D

22nd Oct 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's got potential so I'm going to stick with it.

On an even more positive note Misfits is back next month according to the advert on C4

[Edited on 22-10-2010 by Ben D]
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Oct 10 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really good IMO, not too hard to follow if you pay attention.
Hammer

23rd Oct 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
So far it's too similar to Lost and Lost was shit. Hopefully episode 2 will be better.....

Wash your mouth out.

Going to download them if it's anything like Lost.
Dom

23rd Oct 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Wash your mouth out.

Going to download them if it's anything like Lost.

After the first series, Lost got more and more unbelievable which left the show with plot holes all over it (i.e: the Others being introduced and then apparently dying without any real explanation). Carlton Cuse even said himself that he didn't believe the show would make it past a single series and they ended up making it up on the spot after.

Back to topic though, I’ve watched it all the way up to episode 5 and it does get better. It still reeks of Lost but it's marginally more believable and has half the bullshit that Lost had. Although I’m struggling to see how they could have more than one series without stretching the storyline and filling it with shite. It could easily be explained and wrapped up in one series.
Hammer

23rd Oct 10 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do realise Lost was a fictional programme purely formed with the intention of entertainment?

Who GAF about plot holes, out there stories or the fact polar bears were on a mountainous 40 degree heat landscape?
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Oct 10 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I liked it, something decent to watch anyway. Do remember one was the pilot, they are bound to get more intracite as the weeks go on.

I have a feeling the president will turn out to be one of them or something daft like that.

[Edited on 23-10-2010 by DannyB]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Event [New Program] Ch4 9pm 23 database queries in 0.1999211 seconds