corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weight training & suppliment help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weight training & suppliment help
Bonney

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joined up with a gym again the other week after not bothering for a while. Was looking for some workout plans online or if anyone knows any tips or techniques to it.

Just trying to bulk up abit and improve my strength. Was going with a mate but he has decided to be a bit funny and turned around and said he would rather train on his own.

Also what nutritional suppliments should i look into. Been looking at the weight gain and the whey protein but am unsure which to go for.
Marc

23rd Oct 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that you need pre, during and after workout nutrition and creatine supplements.

I'd suggest getting back in to your routine before worrying about any supplements.

Having said that, I'm not a qualified personal trainer like everyone else on here.
Jake

23rd Oct 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Having said that, I'm not a qualified personal trainer.

correct. you need pre, during and post workout nutrition and creatine supplements
Bonney

23rd Oct 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking into them at the minute, Theres loads to choose from which is confusing me. What do people reccomend to use?
Rob R

23rd Oct 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eat like a horse and train like a man possesed. Split you training programme into different muscle groups each day, something like this

Monday - arms/legs
Tuesday- cardio
Wednesday - chest/triceps
Thursday - cardio
Friday - back/shoulders
Saturday - cardio or rest
Sunday - cardio or rest
scoob
Premium Member

23rd Oct 10 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt bother with cardio if your just intrested in bulking
Craig W

23rd Oct 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Having said that, I'm not a qualified personal trainer.

correct. you need pre, during and post workout nutrition and creatine supplements
ashleh

23rd Oct 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is it?
Rippetoes is a strength program designed by Mark Rippetoe. It is designed mainly for beginners to give them a good strength base.

Who can benefit from it?
Though Rippetoe's is aimed at beginners, anyone can truly benefit from it.

Can I gain mass while on Rippetoe's?
Yes. The routine is aimed towards strength, but you can still make gains off of it so long as you're eating enough.

How much strength can I gain on this program?
You should be getting noticably stronger each workout. Aim to put 2.5 lbs
atleast on the bar each workout. If you absolutely can't add weight, do the weight you did last workout and move up the next.

Is Rippetoe's for everyone?
No. Most everyone can benefit from this, but for those who can't, look into one of the beginner routines posted in a sticky.

So here it is.

*do the SAME weight for all 3 sets

Workout A:
Squat-3x5
Bench Press-3x5
Deadlift-1x5
*2x8 Dips

Workout B:
Squat-3x5
Standing Military Press-3x5
Power Cleans(or Bent Over Barbell Rows)-3x5
*2x8 Chinups(palms facing you)

Week 1:
Day 1: Workout A
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Workout B
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Workout A
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

Week 2
Day 1: Workout B
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Workout A
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Workout B
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

Rotate between weeks 1 & 2.
Bonney

23rd Oct 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will give that a try to get into the swing of things.

Changed my diet alot lately. Eating alot more fresh chicken, fish and pasta these last few weeks. Cut out the sugary drinks and gone on to water and fresh orange juice. Feel better for it already!

Only have a takeaway or junk food once a week now as a treat.
bubble

26th Oct 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill chuck my 2 cents in.

supplements-give it a month or so in the gym to see if you are serious about staying there.

for me personally, i have been nailing meat and protein, and having Jack3d as a pre workout, Gaspari SizeOn during workout, and Gold Standard whey protein post workout and at bedtime.

I have been at the gym now for 4 months and i started at 19 stone and i am now just under 15. i have become much more stronger in my upper body, and i am able to slowly work with free weights, ie, 30kg free weights each hand incline bench presses nice and slow.

just a hint, dont try and smash heavy weight out straight away, take your time and slowly build up. my mate always says its about your technique first.
SnK

26th Oct 10 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct.

Form over anything! You'll notice more gains with correct form and time on the weights rather than bashing them out 1 after the other.
There is alot of guides online, look into the post in the off-day of GYM DAY, theres a good routine on there. Having said that i'm going to start following the routine off myprotein.co.uk, really good website for supplements and good prices too. Pre-workout supplements and post workout supplements will make a big difference from the go though. For pre i just take 2 pro-plus tablets as a caffeine intake, and i eat a banana/apple or some fruit. This gives me the energy i need to keep going, i can't take protein pre workout as it makes me gippy. Post workout a nice simple whey protein half milk half water is a good concoction.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weight training & suppliment help 24 database queries in 0.0129352 seconds