corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cat c

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cat c
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
24th Oct 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
You are correct, but they only bring it up when you make a claim.

Do cat c and d not show on a cars logbook? If so you need to send in your logbook and mot in order to be paid on a total loss

Cat C shows on logbook.

Its only a recent thing though.
kartel86

24th Oct 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah defo cat c is fuck all mate to be honest
richc

24th Oct 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Doesnt affect insurance what so ever, those who say it does, either insure it with complete tossers, or have no clue what they are talking about.

Its only a problem when they pay out..

Technically you are supposed to tell them its a CAT C/D when you insure (if you know its been recorded) and when they pay out the value reflects this.. But if you keep shtum they must give you market value.

Im sure insurance company HPI cars?

After i got my megane, i saw one for sale dirt cheap, and the dealership had a price match promise. Turns out it was cat c, hence it being £1k cheaper. I didn't believe him, it was from a reputable dealer and no mention of this. It was cat c when on a private plate, and didnt come up with the current plate, yet only showed when you HPI the associate plates.

It had been HPI checked 37 times, about 30 of them being insurance company's!

Private plate makes no difference what so ever, my old Corsa was Cat C on its orig reg, i put my private plate on it, waited a month or so, and HPI'd it again to see, still said Cat C.

As LeeM said, it all goes on value/mileage/age of the car, a 10 year old Corsa could be a Cat C, needing just a bonnet and bumper, bolt on parts, but yet a 6 month old Corsa could be Cat C needing a full front end.

Was i fobbed off then? I saw the paperwork, and it said clear, then they HPI the private plate and it said cat c at the time it was on the megane?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cat c 23 database queries in 0.0051310 seconds