corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What to do - Advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What to do - Advice
BluKoo

User status: Offline
24th Oct 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates mum is a full time alcoholic and had been for many many years. She's also bi-polar which makes life for my mate a nightmare. Her husband left years ago and doesn't want anything to do with the family, so he's left to look after her.

She's an akward fucker (violent at times) and it seems she's on the path to self destruction.
She just got paid off from work because she's always in and out of hospital.

My mate has threatened to leave and she'll be on her own if she doesn't sort herself out, but she threatens to commit suicide if he does. She's tried quite a few times in the past (i think its an empty threat, but my mate doesn't want to take the risk).

I'm thinking the best thing to do is get her put in a looney bin, but my mate says they won't take her because she's an alcoholic (i think this is shite and he's making excuses for some reason).

What do you think?
ajscorsa

24th Oct 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Contact your local social services, then contact the mental health team, ask to speak to a duty worker who will advise you the best way to go!
BluKoo

24th Oct 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers
wwwNOOBcom

24th Oct 10 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

contact the local community addication team
Mike GSi

25th Oct 10 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, the best root would be some sort of rehab, im sure there is a way of getting it funded etc somehow, even if it was via Jeremy Kyle
Shell
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 05:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just what aj said really. I don't think they'd section her purely for being an alcoholic but the bipolar/suicidal/risk to herself thing probably warrants it.
gtitim

25th Oct 10 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get in touch with your local crisis team. work with the nhs with regard to mental health. they wont see her if shes in drink, but can offer support, guidance etc. In order to get her sectioned under the mental health act, then thats the best way to go. get in tocu with social services too - they can help, plus if she is a diagnosed bi-polar, then she will already be known
ajscorsa

25th Oct 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Social Services will help, could be grounds for a Community Treatment Order to have her admitted to hospital and get her off the booze and medicated etc.

I work for the adults with learning disabilitys team within Social Services but have done alot of work with the mental health team and addictions team so gimmie a pm if you need any more help.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What to do - Advice 23 database queries in 0.0099499 seconds