corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Credit Card - Why did I get declined?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Credit Card - Why did I get declined?
davcohen

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok currently I have 3 credit cards and was looking to open a 4th just to transfer the balance to a zero % while I pay them off, I havent used any of them to pay for anything in like 6 months

However I got declined by barclays but they wouldnt tell me why, does this affect me applying for other cards now?
Ojc

2nd Nov 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont go applying for loads it will fuck you up.

Go to your bank and get one.
Ste M

2nd Nov 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does. Every fail is recorded and you should wait at least 6 months to apply for credit again.
Chrissy
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get declined for a credit card and apply for another I think you might aswell kiss whatever is left of your credit rating goodbye as far as I know. I've always been told this is the worst thing you can do.

>>>> Chris <<<<

John

2nd Nov 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's rubbish, it only affects you if you get have loads of credit searches.

Some cards are harder to get than others.
davcohen

2nd Nov 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

two of the cards have like 15% credit available the other one is like 80% credit available.

I only applied for that one so far and been declined just wanted to move away from the 15.9% interest
Ste M

2nd Nov 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And as John says. Some are real arseholes when it comes to it. The Orange network, for example.
sand-eel

2nd Nov 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 7.9%apr one
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing that gets recorded on your credit file is the search, decisions are NOT recorded. Searches are removed from your credit file after 12 months.
jacko198

2nd Nov 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ As sam said. Have a look over on moneysavingexpert. They helped me out with mine
A2H GO

2nd Nov 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Sam said, your file only shows a search has been carried out, not whether you have been accepted/declined. However multiple searches are frowned upon as its unlikely you would pass an application then carry on applying.

You are no more likely to pass an application for any form of credit with your own bank as you are with any other provider. I work for a large bank and our credit scoring criteria is exactly the same for existing customers as it is for new customers and I know this to be the case with the majority of other financial institutions.
davcohen

3rd Nov 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what du guys recommend? Im assuming my rating is good I pay every bill I have on time every time.
Just wanted to switch to a lower apr rate, so would it help if I cleared off one card completely? Or do you literally have to close off that account to be able to get another
Ste M

3rd Nov 10 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a copy of your credit file from CreditExpert.co.uk

You have to submit credit card details, but once you're satisfied with what you've seen just ring them up and tell them you don't want to extend your free trial.

Makes an interesting read.
Pete_vxl

3rd Nov 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on how much credit you have, although you will be saving money and getting cheaper payments some banks will still decline you. If its availible, lower all your limits down to the lowest you can go. Banks allow you a portion of your annual wage and it could be with all your cards added up you may be a your max limit to lend on a card.
dan_m1les

3rd Nov 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste M
Get a copy of your credit file from CreditExpert.co.uk

You have to submit credit card details, but once you're satisfied with what you've seen just ring them up and tell them you don't want to extend your free trial.

Makes an interesting read.

I found my credit report though them very inaccurate, it had my cousin on the same report who has the exact same name as me but is around 8 years older.

He buys and sells a lot of property so I had around 15 "known addresses" and an exceptional credit rating! I have now had him removed from my credit report.

Not that I have any bad credit anyway
davcohen

4th Nov 10 at 05:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok this is weird, after that disappointment today I received an email from barclays saying I have been approved for £8.7K????

just yesterday the guy told me if i ever received a card just cut it up, I havent been sent any info on how to log into my account yet either. so right now am seriously confused whether or not I have been accepted or not.

does a limit like that indicate whether my credit is good or bad?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Credit Card - Why did I get declined? 24 database queries in 0.0123942 seconds