corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scottish people (or anyone really) please help!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scottish people (or anyone really) please help!
sc0ott

User status: Offline
8th Nov 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if you pitch up a decoy tent further down the road. surely that would distract the delinquents.
Shell
Premium Member

8th Nov 10 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not from Glasgow, don't know it that well, but even I know that naebody in the Gorbals is falling for a decoy tent. They'd have them both ransacked and cleaned out in a matter of seconds. God forbid I slept through it or they'd be off with me as well, try and sell my organs or something. Bit like Methil tbh.
deano87

8th Nov 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look out for serviced apartments. We stayed in one in Manchester, right opposite The Printworks so you couldn't get much more central. £80. Didn't include breakfast, but did include a breakfast pack which was a mini loaf of bread, butter & jam.

Bound to be places like that in Glasgow. Booked ours through LastMinute.com and got it £10 cheaper than their own website.
alan-g-w

8th Nov 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
what if you pitch up a decoy tent further down the road. surely that would distract the delinquents.

Lol aye and end up spending as much on two tents than you would on a night at the Hilton
John

8th Nov 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Look out for serviced apartments. We stayed in one in Manchester, right opposite The Printworks so you couldn't get much more central. £80. Didn't include breakfast, but did include a breakfast pack which was a mini loaf of bread, butter & jam.

Bound to be places like that in Glasgow. Booked ours through LastMinute.com and got it £10 cheaper than their own website.

The people from Glasgow have covered the options deano
deano87

8th Nov 10 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just another option John - it means you can get central without paying through the nose for a hotel room
RCS

8th Nov 10 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stayed in an Etap in Birmingham. You have to walk out the shower cubicle naked into the room. My mates ran away with all my clothes the bastards.
Eck
Premium Member

9th Nov 10 at 02:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

I appreciate your input Deano but I am sorry... I will be going nowhere near a place that classifies a bit of bread, butter and jam as a fucking breakfast pack That is disgusting. If someone offered that to me as a breakfast pack, I'd spit in their face and the authorities would be having to pull me off of their limp and lifeless body.
deano87

9th Nov 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was more to it than that, but it was within the cost of the room, all I meant is it didn't include bacon, eggs and what not.

You go with your awful sounding Etap.

All I know is I lived it up in a 2 bed apartment, with living area, fully working kitchen and dining table for one night for about £80, and you couldn't get much more central in Manchester.
alan-g-w

9th Nov 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol you sound like a total snob deano. What I got from the first post was that she's looking for a bed for the night. The fact that my girlfriend will probably be at mine means there's no room so the etap's the next best option by the looks of it.
deano87

9th Nov 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a snob. Far from it. Just like value. £110 for a Holiday Inn 15 minutes taxi ride out the centre didn't seem like a good deal to me.
alan-g-w

9th Nov 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£35 for Etap that's not even a fiver in a black cab seems like good value to me. Whatever floats you though, when I went to Manchester for the EUFA cup final me and my mate got the shittiest B&B you could find, communal toilets and everything. Was only £15 each and right in the city centre above a rough as fuck pub. If you weren't too bothered about the risk of having your throat cut during the night it was sound though.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scottish people (or anyone really) please help! 23 database queries in 0.4568970 seconds