corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank card problems - magstrip vs chip

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bank card problems - magstrip vs chip
stubs

User status: Offline
7th Dec 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to use my bank card at a cashpoint the other day and it showed my balance ok, but when I went to withdraw money it said unavailable. It said something like "try cleaning the chip on your card before trying again". I tried using my other card in the same machine and was able to draw money out fine, so the cashpoint must be ok.
I have since tried to pay for fuel using the suspect card.. the chip and pin would not work, but when the attendant swiped the card through the machine, it worked fine.
Do all cash points now use chip readers to issue money from bank cards?
I could do with being able to draw money from this card with out having to order a replacement so soon to Christmas. Going into the bank's a ball ache too as there's none local to my work and I'm working very long hours now till Christmas
GF-91
Banned

7th Dec 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring your bank on your break, ask for a new card. Will arrive within 4-5 days tbh.
Sam
Premium Member

7th Dec 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can try cleaning the chip with some isopropyl alcohol. Alternatively do what Gary suggests.
stubs

7th Dec 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GF-91
Ring your bank on your break, ask for a new card. Will arrive within 4-5 days tbh.

Can I still use the card for online transactions etc whilst I wait for the new one to arrive? I need to get stuff bought
Russ

7th Dec 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
_Allan_

7th Dec 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
quote:
Originally posted by GF-91

Can I still use the card for online transactions etc whilst I wait for the new one to arrive? I need to get stuff bought

Should be able to. They normally don't cancel the old card until the new one is used for the first time.
stubs

7th Dec 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah sweet

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank card problems - magstrip vs chip 23 database queries in 0.1006610 seconds