corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 1.6 16v starter motors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 1.6 16v starter motors
merlokquest

User status: Offline
18th Dec 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well finaly got my corsa runing today after days off of head scratching and it firing but just wouldnt go well today stripped top off and rebuilt it my way and it fired up first turn

i have asked on here if anyone knew whats best form of attack to get starter out and change i have to say theres no easy way of doing it but the bolt that u cant see is a double bolt so its a stud with a nut aswell i loosened the nut which released the earth strap and i thought it was off aswell removing bottom bolt aswell but no it was still solid it took me an hour to realise that u need a deep reach 13mm socket i.e my snap-on one to get the stud out that the earth sits on and off it came

also i asked which starters fit them

all xe starters fit apart from big block i.e 1.8s and 2.0s

some 8 valve block starters will fit as mine is now fitted with a 1.2 8v nova starter and it works a treat so if it will fit a nova although my friend asures me a nova 1.3 sr starter is different from a 1.2 it will fit a corsa sport aswell (IN THEORY)
AlexW

18th Dec 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any smallblock starter will fit providing it has the correct amount of teeth.
merlokquest

18th Dec 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if only you said before i spent 2 hours taking the starter off a 1.8 vectra didnt fit but good old nova straight in would i be right in sayin that 16v and 8v have simalar blocks if u was to strip them right down to a bare shell??

New Poll