corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What Car...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What Car...
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 10 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to replace my Ibiza early next year - but really no idea what to get, I've got a rough budget of 10k but that budget could/would be adjusted either way for the 'right' car.

Currently drive an 04 Seat Ibiza FR (130bhp) and it would be nice if I didn't go *much* slower, but l've grown out of boyracing I think so it isn't a big deal.

I'd like something with a fair bit of ride height and plenty of room in the back for my fishing gear, I don't think I could get away with a 4x4 at this budget without getting a heap - but feel free to prove me wrong. A big hatch is probably more likely.

Suggest away

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AndyCorsaSport

22nd Dec 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Astra CDTi?
Leon FR?
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Dec 10 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get a decent Discovery for 10k.

Infact you could get a good Defender for 6k and spend 4k turning it into a offside beast!
harrisp

22nd Dec 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

Infact you could get a good Defender for 6k and spend 4k turning it into a offside beast!

He said he didnt want to go much slower.
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Dec 10 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Faster than most in this weather.

V8s don't go too bad.
harrisp

22nd Dec 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Faster than most in this weather.

V8s don't go too bad.

Yea but for the other 48 weeks of the year?
The v8s dont go well either
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Dec 10 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sound good though
scottyp1989

23rd Dec 10 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could get a 07/08 plate l200 for 10k if you want a 4x4, or a c70 estate or similar
Russ

23rd Dec 10 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Kyle t

Astra Sri cdti 150. Get it with the xp as it looks nicer, maps to around 200 and can get loads of nice ones well within your budget.

Vectra has the same model, which is great for mile munching but doesn't handle as well.

Same engine is in Saabs too, if you want a bit of class.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Dec 10 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

320d Estate?
pow
Premium Member

23rd Dec 10 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-BMW-320D-M-SPORT-TOURING-SILVER-/130467785438?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e607c6ade

Get a late E46 or an early E92?
3CorsaMeal

23rd Dec 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Escorrado
Russ

23rd Dec 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-AUDI-A4-S-LINE-TDI-QUATTRO-RED-/110626244644?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19c1d68824#ht_500wt_1156

Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Dec 10 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10k goes quite far at the moment eh

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I wouldn't mind going VAG again - was happy with my Ibiza for most of it's lifetime, but the Astra CDTI looks like a good call too - back to my vauxhall roots

10k seems a bit bottom end for a big 320D, or does it? I'd expect to get a bit of a banger for 10k but that ebay example looks pretty damn tidy.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chrisritch

23rd Dec 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do what my stepdad did. have a decent car and a sub £1000 mercedes estate car purely for fishing gear.

we managed to fit both our seatboxes (mines a maver MX3500 and is fucking huge!) both rodbags, carryalls, net bags, food etc and still got 140mph out of it
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Dec 10 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love a dedicated fishing car, but I've only got one parking space where I live.

I've proper shagged the Ibiza though taking it down all the knackered old lanes to the ponds around here, so I just need something with a bit of ride height and a big old boot.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
deano87

23rd Dec 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Qashqai

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What Car... 24 database queries in 0.1448200 seconds