corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ncb

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ncb
MarkSport

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All

I've been driving 6 years on the 13th Jan 2011.I'm 25 on the 14th Jan but I've always been a named driver on my old mans policy to keep the price down.I was with direct line for the first 5 years and have been with swift for the remaining 11 months so far.I have never had a crash (touch wood) and have apparently gained no claims as a named driver.

Will I have the full 6 years ncb when it comes to Jan 13th and how do I go about getting paperwork to prove it? Obviously If i put it on an insurance quote then can't get the documents to prove It they can cancel It can't they?
John

23rd Dec 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That only works with the company that gives it, I'd be surprised if swift carried it on from direct line.
MarkSport

23rd Dec 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah true. What I mean is swift said the same about me as a named dirver getting ncb as a named driver so technically I should have 6 years ncb in proof.
BarnshaW

23rd Dec 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most companies ask if the NCB are against you and your own personal car on your own policy
MarkSport

23rd Dec 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah crap! Cheers Barnshaw
Colin

23rd Dec 10 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If youve only been a named driver you'll have no NCB's
John

23rd Dec 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Direct line give named drivers ncb, only with direct line though.
MarkSport

23rd Dec 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Direct line give named drivers ncb, only with direct line though.

Thats what I would like to do. Looking at a car atm and want to go back to them with a fresh policy on my own.
Eck
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not stay on your dad's policy? You've been on it 6 years so far ffs
John

24th Dec 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also wouldn't be surprised if direct line aren't the best for you on your own.

Never know until you get some quotes.
Sam
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate to state the obvious, but it would have been better for you in the long term to simply cough up the extra money and have the NCB in your own name instead of being a named driver.

If you are staying with Direct Line you should ask them what the terms are of you earning NCB as a named driver, and if/how that can be carried across to other insurance companies.
richc

25th Dec 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Hate to state the obvious, but it would have been better for you in the long term to simply cough up the extra money and have the NCB in your own name instead of being a named driver.

If you are staying with Direct Line you should ask them what the terms are of you earning NCB as a named driver, and if/how that can be carried across to other insurance companies.

Nope, because years ago, there was a massive price difference. I know now they insurance company have got wise to this, so the price difference sometimes is negilable, if anything at all.

The money he would have saved in the first few years, would definitely outweight the NCB discount. I tried it with why car. Being a group 17 or 18 car (old groups) and me being 20 years old, i thought they NCB would make a messive difference. I have 3. I did a quote, the same quote and company, but with zero NCB, and a fault crash, and it went £100

richc

25th Dec 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And btw i did this the first year of driving when i had my corsa, saved me £500
Simon_16v

25th Dec 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to get 1ncb from being a named driver on my mums policy as i asked Admiral and they said they would honour 1ncb as long as i didnt have a claim in my old policy. Rang them up in October and managed to get 1ncb on my policy

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ncb 23 database queries in 0.0114210 seconds