corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sony stereo problem!!! HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sony stereo problem!!! HELP
Christopher

User status: Offline
10th Jan 11 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys!
Ive recently tried changing my standard cassette player in my corsa b to a sony xplod one! I bought these cables :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-16-PIN-ISO-CABLE-CAR-AUDIO-STEREO-CD-MP3-/290517045072?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item43a42a4f50

And connected them up and everything works accept the date on the middle display (doesnt show anything) and my speedos light up as if my lights are on when they arent and it makes the sound when i open my door!? Can anyone help! And i will post this in the help section too before i get all the cs whores that are out to tell everyone what to do!!!

Any help would be much appreciated! A friend said he had to unplug a wire but not too sure! Thankss
dan_m1les

10th Jan 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The date in the middle requires you to cut a wire, cannot remember for the life of me which colour as I haven't had a corsa in about 5 years but i'm sure someone will remeber.
Christopher

10th Jan 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks! now all i need is a colour
ChrisBoom

10th Jan 11 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blue one
Brett
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Firstly look at the original Vauxhall stereo loom. You'll see the standard ISO type blocks, and the top section holds the additional Vauxhall connections.

In this block is a grey wire with a red stripe. Cut this and the date should appear on the MFD.

There's an ICE tutorials section with loads of info for things like this
sand-eel

10th Jan 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't have to do anything
Christopher

10th Jan 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what colour should i cut? one says red striped and one says blue?! :S
XE Col
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=35922

this works
Brett
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CaRrBoNn
so what colour should i cut? one says red striped and one says blue?! :S

Not sure if Chris is trying to be funny or it's for another car, but I'm certain everyone follows the guide I posted an extract from.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1
Dom

10th Jan 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a red/grey (from memory, double check) wire that runs to the MFD from the remote wire (blue). You can just unconnect the remote wire, which is usually a bullet connector, on the wiring harness from the headunit but you'll also disconnect the remote feed for the aerial amplifier (which i believe is in the base on the aerial).
I ended up tracing the red/grey wire to the MFD and placing a switch in the MFD housing. Bit of an arseache but it meant i could put everything back to standard without too much hassle.

Regading the speedo, could be way off track here, but it sounds like something is supplying power to the illumination pin (orange wire i believe), which is usually used to dim the lights on the HU.

The ebay harness looks a bit special if i'm being honest though. I'm guessing you didn't have the standard Sony to ISO hardness with the headunit? As the B uses a standard ISO block, just requires a bit of chopping to the one of the ISO sockets on the HU to ISO harness.
Christopher

10th Jan 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right basically i dont understand all these abreviations and stuff! But i looked at tutorial! is the grey wire with red stripes one coming from the original vauxhall plug that has 3 heads???
oceansoul

10th Jan 11 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pin F. Motor Ant. But as said this will also power your aerial amplifier.
Christopher

10th Jan 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow confusing! Well thanks to all your help guys ive got it working and its saving my radio stations and date is now displaying! HOWEVER my head display lights up and makes the beeping noise when i open my door as if my lights are on! This has only started doing this since i starting playing around with the cd player! any suggestions???
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Jan 11 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help zone would be my suggestion
Dom

10th Jan 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Ocean said, it's pin F on the car side (the blue ISO block that originally connected to the standard headunit/HU). There should be two wires, one goes to the aerial amp and the other to the MFD (multi-function display) which should be red/grey. Don't snip both, just the one to the MFD.

As for the lights, it sounds very dodge. What happens when you unplug (or best bet, completly remove the stereo and wiring harness) the Sony wiring harness - is everything ok? If it's ok when your sony and harness is removed then it's mostly likely an issue with the harness.
See if you can find a pinout of the Sony HU and see if it matches up to the one Ocean posted (E-H on the top block and I-P on the other).
oceansoul

10th Jan 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pin E is the Illumination pin. This is designed so that when you turn on your lights the stereo lights up (although thats usually more related to older stereos). Some times its used to Dim the stereo when you turn on your headlights. Maybe there is a wire shorted out (squished in the cage or something), or it could be a wrongly wired adaptor from ebay. I know you dont want to go chopping wires on the cars loom, but if you were to remove the pin (or cut it) then you could solve the problem.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sony stereo problem!!! HELP 23 database queries in 0.0131180 seconds