corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » frost blue build?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author frost blue build?
sr jack

User status: Offline
11th Jan 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well in the space of 2 weeks i have managed to buy to cars to make one good one,first i picked up a frost blue ls 1.4 spi with 130000 mile on the clock i thought it was going to be a rot box but to my suprise for a pre facelift modle she is well clean for her age.

Then i found this:http://kent.gumtree.com/kent/77/71374977.html

and as it was just down the road i snaped it up.

i then found a set of 16" softstars local to me for £150 so i couldnt turn that down lol,

next thing was to get building the car,my mate has a pit in his garage with a handy block and takel above

So first thing was to take the spi 1.4 out of the frost blue shell which to about a hour lol,next i got my girlfriend to clean the bay up as it was propa ming.

next was to bring the sri in and remove the engine, I know who owned this car before i bought it and he told me that it had a home made port and polished head on it and he said it ran fine till he put this on lol.

So i sourced another head and my good old mate stu went down the shed early and rebuilt the new head using all new seals gaskets and re seated the valves, After that he tourqued the head down and sealed the cam carrier nicely

Next was to fitt the new sump gasket and have a overall inspection of it, alll good!

we started to fit the mpi engine into the frost blue one which was peice of piss with the hoyst from the roof, we fitted the new cam belt whilst it was in the car that was straight foward.

next was the ancillaries, fuel lines, driveshafts etc and followed by the engine loom which pluged straight in and the car already had the rev counter wire behind the clock so the sri clocks was easy to fit

next was to change the suspension off the sri which is 60mm shocks and springs and then we fitted the sofstars.

we started at the weekend and iv drove it home today.I will get some pics up when i have better light.
stuartfry

11th Jan 11 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant wait for the pics nice one
dthbenji12341

11th Jan 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a girls lol !
sr jack

11th Jan 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a quick pic of how it stands atm

12valver

11th Jan 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that, looks good with softstars on
sr jack

11th Jan 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure if it would look better with colour coded bumpers
12valver

11th Jan 11 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colour coded bumpers look good! But dont loose the pre-facelift style, i know theyre not to everyones taste, but eveyones going facelift now, and i like the early styling.
sr jack

11th Jan 11 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer thats what i was thinking, im just going to get them as black as i can without painting them. like 'monty'
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Softstars look well Jack

Deffo need some Auto Glym bumper care on the arches mate

[Edited on 11-01-2011 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colour coded mine and prefer it tbh. Good work so far. You have the wheels i'm getting lol!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
sr jack

12th Jan 11 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol how weird that your getting the same wheels

And yes iv already tried the heat gun on the other side and that works wonders, just needs going over with bumper care. What stuff do you recommend?
davieslim

13th Jan 11 at 03:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i deffo wouldnt colour code the bumpers, looks great as it is, lose the ls badge, fit a tigra scuttle panel and replace the wiper blades with flat blades and fit a rear punto wiper and other then keeping it clean id be happy to drive it lol
corsasportsam

13th Jan 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

auto glym bumper care is brill its like a green gel you rub on done wonders to mine
sr jack

14th Jan 11 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsasportsam
auto glym bumper care is brill its like a green gel you rub on done wonders to mine

Yes I use that on my car, bit the strips on the corsa are Mega faded, iv started using a heat gun and that worked perfect

[Edited on 14-01-2011 by sr jack]
sr jack

17th Jan 11 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few pics as she stands

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

17th Jan 11 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks well that mate!

A little bit lower at the rear and that would sit perfect for me,loving the black bumpers

[Edited on 17-01-2011 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
SeanXE

17th Jan 11 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's really nice you know! I'd lower it more at the back then leave it tbh. No spoiler, black bumpers looks sweet as!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » frost blue build? 25 database queries in 0.0140629 seconds