corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a crash damaged car???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying a crash damaged car???
mike56gte

User status: Offline
13th Jan 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you guys think about buying crashed damaged cars??

thinking of getting something around around 53-56 plate like an A3 or golf something along those lines. theres a place near me does crash/fire damaged cars and you can get some cars cheap, but obviously need alot of money spent on them.

won't need to pay any labour tho so think thats why it may workout cheap. my dad is a mechanic, engineer and does panel beating and spraying so really its just the price of parts.

what you think?
daymoon
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aslong as you know what you are BUYING then go for it...
mike56gte

13th Jan 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
aslong as you know what you are BUYING then go for it...

yeah could end up with alot more problems than you first thought.

tbh my dad used to do it all the time but that was 10 -15 years ago.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Jan 11 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can fix it and it be worth more than it costs to do then yeah, it's a good idea.

Can be a pain though, particularly if you're buying unseen, so budget for surprises.
mike56gte

13th Jan 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If you can fix it and it be worth more than it costs to do then yeah, it's a good idea.

Can be a pain though, particularly if you're buying unseen, so budget for surprises.

yeah that is my thoughts.

i am able to view the cars aswell.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Jan 11 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't mean you'll spot everything. I generally dislike modern stuff because the electronics can also prove a pain in the ass.
mike56gte

13th Jan 11 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Doesn't mean you'll spot everything. I generally dislike modern stuff because the electronics can also prove a pain in the ass.

thatis my main concern. hopefully just find one that doesnt need any engine work or anything electrical for that matter.
FlamingCorsa

13th Jan 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your buying a damaged car to make money then i think its sometimes risky cos they are never worth huge money when repaired!

if your buying it to save bit of cash and keep the car for while then i think its good!

i saved around 3-4k on my clio 197, would never have paid 10-11k for one, but 7k repaired for 18month old one with 7k miles on clock! cant go wrong!

same with vx220, i will have had that prob 2.5 years when i come to sell and wont have lost any money! prob make a little!
mike56gte

13th Jan 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i seen your thread about the clio was a bit of a bargain.

and yes the car will just be for myself
Fro

13th Jan 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with it IMO.

My silver golf was bought from a yard and was flood damaged but unrecorded. Ended up needing a new engine but was about 5.5k all in and back on the road and they were going for 8/9 at the time.

My vr6 was a cat d due to a minor in the front and a smashed door was very tidy for age Got it for a good price and didn't cost much to fix. Didn't lose any money on it either.
AndyCorsaSport

13th Jan 11 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy if you got someone who works in the trade etc.

My Corsa C 1.8 SRi 04 plate with 44k was DIRT cheap, made a very nice profit on it.

Thing thats shit, is that anyone can buy them, meaning idiots/cowboys can put cars back on the road. Instead of people who know what they are doing.
mike56gte

14th Jan 11 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Easy if you got someone who works in the trade etc.

My Corsa C 1.8 SRi 04 plate with 44k was DIRT cheap, made a very nice profit on it.

Thing thats shit, is that anyone can buy them, meaning idiots/cowboys can put cars back on the road. Instead of people who know what they are doing.

my grandad owned a car garage for about 40years and knows just about everyone in the motor trade.lol

so i will get everything at trade price and wont have to pay for any labour so i think i could do it very cheap. also have a garage with hydrolic ramp and every mechanics/bodyshop tool possible.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a crash damaged car??? 23 database queries in 0.0146990 seconds