corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » What would you do?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do?
Adam_B

User status: Offline
15th Jan 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://video.bugun.com.tr/bugunPlayer.swf?file=dagilfilm.flv

Honestly.
BluKoo

15th Jan 11 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every gut instinct would be to try and help/save the girl, but i'm sure if anyone was to intervene then they'd probably end up getting shot too.

I don't think i'd be able to continue shooting, but you never know until you're in that situation.

Whenever anything remotely interesting happens, I go into photographer mode and try and get pictures, but I often go into hero mode too, so god knows what i'd do...
alan-g-w

16th Jan 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously nothing but it's not for the fact that you'd get a good picture out of it. It's for the sheer fact that a Camera's no match for an AK-47.
Gaz

16th Jan 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bluntly, I would have done exactly the same as she did, take the shot. You go to a warzone to shoot, you are there to Document only.
If you could stop the war, the pain the suffering then you would be god - and that you are not.

So document, show the world what you have caught, for that is more powerful than the shots never being seen at all.

You could have stood up, held your camera up and pleaded with the gunman, the chances of him understanding you are slim, he may have let the girl go if he did grab the odd word of English he understood in the film he saw when he was a child but then he turns the gun to you. All of your memory's flood back, you do not think about the girl now as your life is ready to be taken in 1/10th of a second. The gunman does have a better idea though, he takes you hostage and uses you as bait - media is worth a hell of a lot these days remember. But remember your camera? your shots of the work you were commissioned to do? that's just been deleted. Not before they made a copy for themselves and identified the route you got to the location you thought you became god, so that they can find your base camp.

The girl has lived, you may not have and your shots will never see their intended viewer. It's a harsh way to document the reality but war is not a friendly place and you did not sign up to save lives otherwise you would have been a militant photographer and not a journalist.

[Edited on 16-01-2011 by Gaz]
AndyKent

16th Jan 11 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The second I saw a dude running around with a gun I'd have been out of there, no question.
Raymond_11

17th Jan 11 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what man could actually do that do a little girl. wrong on so many levels
mike56gte

17th Jan 11 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
The second I saw a dude running around with a gun I'd have been out of there, no question.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 11 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my tripod out for hdr tbh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » What would you do? 24 database queries in 0.0184000 seconds