corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Ipod docking station

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ipod docking station
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
18th Jan 11 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

figured i need one of these, then can connect ipod to stereo and this will charge it too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PURE-i-10-Powered-Remote-Control/dp/B001HBIXSW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1295365375&sr=8-10

^^^^are there other things like this out there? am looking to connect via 3.5mm jack or phono leads into a 2.1 speaker package
Gary
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just stick a jack to jack lead from your ipod to your 2.1 system.

Unless your wanting the charge and remote and then i reckon thats a good idea
3CorsaMeal

18th Jan 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i do at the moment, but the battery runs out of ipod and i have to put more electricity in it
Dom

18th Jan 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just ebayed an Apple dock which i got for a tenner, plugged the dock into the mains with a USB Mains adaptor (ie: ipod cable into dock, usb into mains) and then used the jack socket on the dock for the output. Works well.....
3CorsaMeal

18th Jan 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only noticed this yesterday, but if i plug my ipod in using the 3.5mm earphone socket, i get a much clearer and nicer sound than i do from the same socket on laptop

will check out the apple ones, quite like the idea of a remote control though
Gary
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
thats what i do at the moment, but the battery runs out of ipod and i have to put more electricity in it

Plug charger in? i know its a bit of a crazy idea but i thought i'd throw it into the mix!
Chrissy
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HMV are doing the last generation Apple Universal Dock for 35 quid in store just now.

Just bought one myself.. Comes with the white remote as opposed to the new aluminium one.

The model with the aluminium remote is £50 or something from Apple though.. Bit much.

[Edited on 18-01-2011 by Chrissy]

>>>> Chris <<<<

3CorsaMeal

18th Jan 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

Plug charger in? i know its a bit of a crazy idea but i thought i'd throw it into the mix!

i have tried, but cannot fit both leads in at once. I'm in such a pickle about this.
3CorsaMeal

18th Jan 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
HMV are doing the last generation Apple Universal Dock for 35 quid in store just now.

Just bought one myself.. Comes with the white remote as opposed to the new aluminium one.

The model with the aluminium remote is £50 or something from Apple though.. Bit much.

is that this one?

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=708892

Dom

18th Jan 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i only noticed this yesterday, but if i plug my ipod in using the 3.5mm earphone socket, i get a much clearer and nicer sound than i do from the same socket on laptop

will check out the apple ones, quite like the idea of a remote control though

Got a remote with mine as well -

It's most likely interference from the mains ac charger on your laptop, usually it goes (or certainly becomes less noticeable) when you run it on battery. It's the same with PC’s; onboard sound tends to have loads of interference.
Chrissy
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

is that this one?

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=708892

Yup that's the one. It's 35 quid in store.

Just check on the barcode on the box.

They're doing two versions. One will be productcode/B and the other productcode/C. C obviously being the newer one. You'll be able to tell as on the back the newer one lists it being compatible with the 3GS and the older one just says 3G.

I think its slightly newer than Dom's one too as it doesn't have the SVideo out. Apple have a separate cable for video out now..

>>>> Chris <<<<

3CorsaMeal

19th Jan 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just ordered the pure i-10 one that i posted.

New Poll