corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick poll for all those people with long-term partners

Poll: Quick poll for all those people with long-term partners
  Yes, no problem.
  I would have a joint account for living and mortgage etc but also keep my own account.
  No, I would keep my money separate from theirs unless we were married.
  Other

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick poll for all those people with long-term partners
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see the point of us having a joint account personally.

We both have our own accounts and know how to manage our money, so we pay our respective bills/household bills and we know how much money we have left over afterwards.

I can see that it might make life easier, but it's not something that we *need* to consider setting up.

[Edited on 23-01-2011 by Sam]
RyanSxi

23rd Jan 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just moved in with missus but been together 6 years. We pay bills / savings then split rest. If we did our own money each id have alot to waste n she'd be struggling...im not that cruel lol.
Ellis

23rd Jan 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My money is my money, she's not getting her paws on it.
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Jan 11 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
Joint account and have been since i moved in. We just spend spend spend till the card declines Not any of this put such amount in a joint account and i keep my wage bit selfish imo.

We know that any megga expense we need to discuss but other than that we get what we want no probs

[Edited on 22-01-2011 by Twiggy]

It's selfish to have an account for your own money, yet you keep spending til you max out your account?
Ben G

23rd Jan 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no wonder people struggle with debt and recessions when people think they can just spend spend spend and not give a fuck.
Gareth F

23rd Jan 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I would keep my money separate from theirs unless we were married.

Ive been with my lass for four and a bit years. No need for a joint account at all. Seen so many relationships fuck up in under three years so whats the point, its not needed is it
nathy_87

23rd Jan 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not if you've only been together for only 2yrs.
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Jan 11 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I earn about the same as my bird, that I have been with for 6 years. But she has a student loan to pay off, and I'm saving for a car. I pay all the bills from my wages, but she gives me about half to cover it in cash.
N16K

24th Jan 11 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no joint account here.
Graham88

24th Jan 11 at 02:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it were me I would have an account we'd both pay enough money into for bills/mortgage etc, but no way I'd be letting her near my own money without my permission. She'd spend it on handbags.
xa0s
Banned

24th Jan 11 at 03:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way, she's a dick with money, gets a congestion fine and ignores it and now owes something stupid like £2,400 over 10 fines... She's a bit retarded like that, if she sees something she wants she just buys it even if you could get it 10x cheaper online... Idiotic really, apparently I'm a 'tight bastard' for caring about saving £5 on a DVD or something but it adds up over a month, let alone a year etc...
Tom

24th Jan 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're moving in very soon, been together for nearly 3 years. We are keeping separate accounts but having another account that both of our money's go into for bills.

I earn 3 times more than her, we're going to try and make sure we both have a similar amount of money left after all the bills are paid (which includes my car running costs etc). More sensible than anything else, I don't want her left with fuck all money because she'd be a nightmare to live with
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Jan 11 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my missus pay into a joint account for our bills. Salaries are paid into our individual accs.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Toby
Premium Member

24th Jan 11 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I voted yes as i did and i lost. I eanrt more than her by about 7k. She couldnt cover half the bills (just though) but it didnt matter, the way it was.

She has now burnt me so am a bit bitter but my mate who has sperate accounts etc is always arguing about who is paying for what etc and tbh i couldnt be fucked with agro.

I would do it again (all money into same account) but i would be more cautious about the wages i.e. she would have to earn a pretty similar amount until kids factored in for me to be 100% happy
Ben G

24th Jan 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just suggested i get my own wages paid into my own account (like she does) and only put 1300 a month into the joint account and she went mad

i said she only needs to put 500 a month in, leaving her £750 for her travelling expenses and whatever else.

women
Graham88

24th Jan 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Under the thumb Ben It's your money, fuck her!
RichR
Premium Member

24th Jan 11 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in a long term relationship - we both earned the same amoutn give or take; we had a joint account BUT we paid an equal amount into it to cover house costs/joint costs but anything left over was our own to spend as we wished and in our own accounts

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick poll for all those people with long-term partners 24 database queries in 0.1001208 seconds