corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sending flowers for sad occaisions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sending flowers for sad occaisions
C2RL R

User status: Offline
24th Jan 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got back from China this weekend and have just found out that 2 friends of mine that were expecting a baby have lost it. it was due in less than 1 month. they are having a service for it today so it's too late to organise some flowers for the service so i'm thinking of sending them to their house. is that a good idea though? also what kind of flowers should i send and what the hell do i have written in the card? i haven't got a clue because i'm fortunate enough that this hasn't happened to anyone i know before.
Lawrah
Premium Member

24th Jan 11 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Sympathy-Flowers-Flowers-Plants-Flowers-Gifts/b/70702031?ie=UTF26?extid=ps_ggl_FlowersSpecialOccassions_FlowersSympathy&kwid=sScHY9CDS|pcrid|6025286065

"thinking of you both"
pow
Premium Member

24th Jan 11 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd drop down the clinic first mate
pow
Premium Member

24th Jan 11 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Serious answer, what Laura has recommended is what I'd recommend.
chrisritch

24th Jan 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'd drop down the clinic first mate

I was going to post this first but wasn't sure if it would be too bad taste owing to the OP
C2RL R

24th Jan 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok great. i tend to get carried away and say too much so i like that short message.

and the clinic... my next job after sorting flowers is going on the nhs site to find out how to book an appointment!
Russ

24th Jan 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear that mate, very good idea to send the flowers
Lawrah
Premium Member

24th Jan 11 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
ok great. i tend to get carried away and say too much so i like that short message.

and the clinic... my next job after sorting flowers is going on the nhs site to find out how to book an appointment!

http://www.yell.com/s/family+planning+and+sexual+health+clinics-radcliffe-manchester.html

[Edited on 24-01-2011 by Lawrah]
C2RL R

24th Jan 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sometimes cs is like having your own personal assistant... with big boobs
alan-g-w

24th Jan 11 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh I can't exactly put myself in their position, but I can't help thinking that if I'd just lost a baby I wouldn't want flowers to remind me of the fact. I know the gesture is meant in a good way but I reckon just going round and sitting with them, seeing if they want to talk about it, is the way to go. If they don't, simply sit and give them a bit of your time.
C2RL R

24th Jan 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking the same thing at first mate thats why i asked if it was a good idea. spoke to my mate and she said she wanted to give them space to try to come to terms with it and thought it was a nice gesture in the meantime to send flowers. i kind of agreed with her on that.
Russ

24th Jan 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alan what are you on? it's hardly reminding them, they wont have forgot, it shows he is thinking of them and there for support :/
alan-g-w

24th Jan 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
i was thinking the same thing at first mate thats why i asked if it was a good idea. spoke to my mate and she said she wanted to give them space to try to come to terms with it and thought it was a nice gesture in the meantime to send flowers. i kind of agreed with her on that.

Aye was just letting you know what I thought, it's your friends and I'm sure they'll appreciate it whatever you do!

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
alan what are you on? it's hardly reminding them, they wont have forgot, it shows he is thinking of them and there for support :/

Him going round there and saying 'I'm sorry for your loss' shows them this just as much surely. As said though, it's his friends so only he really knows what to do.
ajscorsa

24th Jan 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousin had a still born and instead of everyone sending flowers we all gave money to the charity that was helping her through it at the time, maybe they would appreciate that more?
C2RL R

24th Jan 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm maybe. not sure they are seeking help from any charity though. it's something to consider definately, cheers.
GF-91
Banned

24th Jan 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"A donation has been made in your name to..."
So they don't even get to see pretty flowers tsssk.

get them the flowers!
Gaz

24th Jan 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm no good on flowers and usually let the florist decide, but when it comes to children it might be worth getting nice bright colourful flowers.

"Thinking of you both" is a super 1 liner in this situation also =]
CorsAsh

24th Jan 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
tbh I can't exactly put myself in their position, but I can't help thinking that if I'd just lost a baby I wouldn't want flowers to remind me of the fact. I know the gesture is meant in a good way but I reckon just going round and sitting with them, seeing if they want to talk about it, is the way to go. If they don't, simply sit and give them a bit of your time.
Exactly what he said.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sending flowers for sad occaisions 23 database queries in 0.0094430 seconds