corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cost of living...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cost of living...
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jan 11 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris and eminem, that's pretty sensible really
Hammer

27th Jan 11 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Diesel cost is the only thing that's I really see

And you moan like fuck about it to the point you're universally known as a miserable bastard only concerned with the price of fuel.

Errrm... I'd like you to find one instance of it being more of a passing comment in a long while please?

I don't moan about it and I go through £55 of the stuff a week. Kthnksbye

Your more interested in the fact your bird left you after leaving for uni which has put an almighty chip on your shoulder regarding further education and the fact 99% of female students enjoy drinking strongbow from a plastic bottle and getting fingered in the halls of residence.

KTHXBYE
Hammer

27th Jan 11 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Deano's car is a petrol, duhhh

Living on the edge

Aye the edge of a pie chart, he did extensive arithmetical equations to come to the conclusion the petrol was cheaper
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jan 11 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL You are on fire just now Paul
Fro

28th Jan 11 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Xs

28th Jan 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
Just took a quarter pay cut to change industry and follow a career plan and will now be commuting 100 miles a day instead of 60.

Really hope I've called it right on this one!

Going to buy a cheaper commuter car I think, something that sips diesel rather than necking it.

[ok, long term notion is to earn WAY more than I was, but thats in a few years and right now I've sacrificed a few contracts that would have paid better than my old one to follow it]

What were you doing and what have you changed to now?
emicen

28th Jan 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:
Originally posted by emicen
Just took a quarter pay cut to change industry and follow a career plan and will now be commuting 100 miles a day instead of 60.

Really hope I've called it right on this one!

Going to buy a cheaper commuter car I think, something that sips diesel rather than necking it.

[ok, long term notion is to earn WAY more than I was, but thats in a few years and right now I've sacrificed a few contracts that would have paid better than my old one to follow it]

What were you doing and what have you changed to now?

Was: contract project manager in defence/aerospace working in Prestwick
Now: permie project manager in oil & gas working in Dunfermline

Decided I wanted in to oil & gas and realistically the only way in to gain experience was to go permanent employee. Decided since I'm getting dangerously close to being grown up the next job had to be a career choice rather than the next quick buck.
adiohead

28th Jan 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow
Premium Member

28th Jan 11 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Diesel cost is the only thing that's I really see

And you moan like fuck about it to the point you're universally known as a miserable bastard only concerned with the price of fuel.

Errrm... I'd like you to find one instance of it being more of a passing comment in a long while please?

I don't moan about it and I go through £55 of the stuff a week. Kthnksbye

Your more interested in the fact your bird left you after leaving for uni which has put an almighty chip on your shoulder regarding further education and the fact 99% of female students enjoy drinking strongbow from a plastic bottle and getting fingered in the halls of residence.

KTHXBYE

Internet misinterpritation as usual
whitter45

28th Jan 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think people who are able to survive the recent hard times i.e keep jobs, house etc and be able to have a lifestyle have never had it better

However i agree that if money is tight its proving very hard to stay in control of everything

utilities have gone up, food has increased, concil tax etc all items which are requirements not luxury

However i must say that the recesion has also brought consumerables down in price if you have the cash available its been a good time to be but I appreciate is few and far between

Everyone will have different views
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Jan 11 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live at home, pay board of around £160 a month, fuel phone and insurance aswell, they are my only proper outgoings. I manage fine even on part time wages, always have money to spend on shite too, I can't say I've noticed a difference, but then again I don't own my own house and have loads of bills to pay etc etc
dannymccann

28th Jan 11 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly DannyB, I feel for the people who have kids tbh, for the 2 of us here, in one of the cheapest places to live in the country our monthly bills come to £1200, thats mortgage, running the car, council tax, utilities, food etc

We are also saving for a wedding and putting money in an ISA, which leaves us both roughly £100 disposable a month each. Sometimes you feel like you live to work...but then my house ownership is part of my pension plans so its worth it in the end.

I do envy £160 a month rent though I wouldnt have to drive a crappy old diesel if I had only that to go out my bank every month!!

[Edited on 28-01-2011 by dannymccann]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cost of living... 23 database queries in 0.0135911 seconds