corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I did something a bit silly this morning...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I did something a bit silly this morning...
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Feb 11 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And have spent most of the day beating myself up about it!

Twatted the mito on a kerb, meant to go up the drop bit and just missjudged it and bang. Scratched the alloy up and burst the tyre. Not really that bad but I have to roll on the space saver until Tuesday when I get the wheel back from Tom and get the new tyres fitted. Not really the end of the world but its really annoyed me that I've done it! Grrrrrr lol!
Neo

4th Feb 11 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You twat Referb and new tyre isn't that bad though.
Jamie-C

4th Feb 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this the other night, was pitch black and I was pulling over to let the dog out to have a quick run in the field, couldn't see the kerb and bang same thing as you , no damage though
harrisp

4th Feb 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever I make a mistake or do something daft I tend to get pissed off about it and then make mistakes for the rest of the day .
s4k1b

4th Feb 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt your tracking out ?

this is why i love having a cheapy car too. bad weather days, or day i CBA driving with enthusiasm, i take the sh1tter out.

dont give a t0ss where i park it, or which kerb i clip.

brilliant. stress free.
3CorsaMeal

4th Feb 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did the same a few days after a refurbishment and had to go back and get a wheel done again
Fro

4th Feb 11 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done the same to the golf mate and flattened one side of the rim, pretty sure something else was fucked to as ithe next time I got it tracked the camber was out on that side

Its a minor either way no doubt worse things will happen in your life time, not worth beating yourself up over it as no ones perfect!

[Edited on 04-02-2011 by fro-dizzle]
pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's driving as well as it can on the excuse of a spare tyre I've got.

Rim is at Toms (dropped it off this evening), new tyres at the front fitted on Wednesday morning and I'll get the tracking all seen to as well
Tomnova16
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the creme egg

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Fro

4th Feb 11 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
Cheers for the creme egg

Seems like your new payment of choice these days, will give you five to spray some bits
Tomnova16
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
CorsAsh

4th Feb 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did similar in a multi-storey, always have to get really close to the barrier to reach the card slot on the way out as the car's low, scraped my new wheels on the kerb. I did actually make this face:

pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 23:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did that this morning when I limped the car back home to change to the spare
Ben G

4th Feb 11 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done the same except i drove my brand new orange focus into the kerb and because the front bumpers are so deep i had a 12 inch scuff along the bottom.

could always see it and pissed me right off.

didn't get it sprayed, just painted over it with orange brake caliper paint and a brush proper bodge job.
pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm done beating myself up about it now just put it down to human error! It'll all be sorted by Wednesday, I can drive it to work and back Monday and Tuesday on the spacesaver (did bloody 70 miles on it today - Aylesbury, Amersham, Little Chalfont, back to Amersham, Chalfonts, Home!) and Dad has lent me his car for the weekend to visit my sister

It's looking REALLY sorry for itself sat on the drive though, looks gash on the little rim

[Edited on 04-02-2011 by pow]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I did something a bit silly this morning... 24 database queries in 0.0112350 seconds