corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Carnt find any gears

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carnt find any gears
nail sport

User status: Offline
7th Feb 11 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey all

i have my C20xe on carbs and it is nearly running just waiting to get my starter motor as my old one was f***ed. with this in mind i really wanted to see if it started so i decided to try bump starting it and came across a big problem, the car seems to go into gear but when its in gear it dosent turn the engine over and am really confused how this can happen can anyone shine some light on this for me.
thanks
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Feb 11 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clutch failure would exhibit this symptom, do you know it's condition?
nail sport

8th Feb 11 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope am not sure of anything i really hope its not ive checked the clutch cable and it seems okay also checked the gear selector.
i brought the car as an unfinished project the engine was in and that was about it.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Feb 11 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its finding gears then assuming you have a good diff/shafts it can only be clutch/flywheel.
nail sport

8th Feb 11 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see what you mean i just dont want to go ripping apart most of the car. then again i do understand were your coming from with problems with the clutch could this just be fitted incorrectly.
bally2010
Premium Member

8th Feb 11 at 01:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had same problem i just bought new gearbox as was told main input shaft is fucked

New Poll