corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rollcages

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rollcages
corsa987

User status: Offline
11th Feb 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, been looking around for a few prices on a full cage, i am considering racing a high powered xe.

which type of cage is the better one, a full multi point or just a full standard cage..

it will be fully welded in...

does anyone have a rough guide price for this kind of work? and any recomendations as to where to go to have the work completed...

im close to manchester area but can travel a reasonable distance
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Feb 11 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racing in what, track days? or event where you have to have a certain cage?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Feb 11 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Custom cages site has prices for most stuff.

They put around a grand on for fitting the multipoint ones.

http://www.customcages.co.uk/Rollcage/LoadRollCage.castle?manufacturer=Vauxhall&model=Corsa%20B&type=Multipoint

Probably less to fit a Club kit but they don't list that.

http://www.customcages.co.uk/roll-cages/clubman-rollcages
corsa987

11th Feb 11 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just track days, ill take a look at the sites now,

Thanks
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Feb 11 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably worth getting to a few events first before spending a lot of time and money prepping a car. Cage isn't essential if you're just starting out.
corsa987

11th Feb 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done a couple but was thinking about going into it a little deeper throughout this year.
I wont be rushing into buying one, but just trying to gather the info is a start i suppose
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

11th Feb 11 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm building a new track car atm. I've got the Custom Cages CL3 (club kit) on order which is basically all the bends then I'm getting 2 lengths of CDS to make up the rear and door bars so it'll end up like the CL4 kit but with both diagonals and harness bars.

The CL3 kit with the VAT is just short of £300 plus postage which I was told would be around £30. The separate lengths I will be getting through a mates contact and they're about £100 per 5 metre length, so it's £200 for both of those, making the cage £500

I'm lucky in that Ste W is fitting mine for me so fitting costs I'm not too sure on but as Ian said, Custom Cages is generally a grand plus VAT for the full multipoint kit, although that's a decent bit more work with the turret braces etc.

[Edited on 11-02-2011 by Mike B]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rollcages 23 database queries in 0.0123661 seconds