corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another fiesta thread

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another fiesta thread
alan t

User status: Offline
18th Feb 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought myself a astra H in october after wanting a car more grown up, but find it slow and boring so looking to get another car. Was out in my mates 07 fiesta st the other night and took a real liking to it. Looks good and was nice inside (the seats are really comfy), so Im thinking about selling my astra and getting one or trading my astra in against one.

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any common problems with them to look out for? I know the usual stuff to look for when buying a car but just wanted to know if there was anything in particular to look out for on these?

I've found a couple of local ones on autotrader so might go and have a look tomorrow. Not keen on the blue dash in the blue one though

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201106379093517/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/fiesta/make/ford/page/8/radius/20/postcode/eh216hj/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201102377148756/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/fiesta/make/ford/page/7/radius/20/postcode/eh216hj/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Thanks in advance for any replies
GTM

18th Feb 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on Fiestastoc.com

Lots of info on there and some helpfull people.

[Edited on 18-02-2011 by GTM]
Ben G

18th Feb 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not very good fuel economy and a bit feeble compared to its competition (clio 197, corsa vxr) but tuneable so all is not lost.

the interior panels do scratch quite easily so take a good look around.

blue dashes aren't too bad. my mate has a blue one in his. i'd go for the normal grey one though as it's not so in your face.
Ben G

18th Feb 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that blue one has no sideskirts btw.

these usually get stolen, along with the rear spoiler and both front and rear bumpers.

easy to take off unfortunately.
alan t

19th Feb 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the replies folks, never noticed the blue one never had skirts, cheers for that mate.

from what ive read these average around 30mpg, thats what im getting from my 1.6 astra just now so shouldnt really notice much difference.

Should hopefully have 5 years no claims in april so insurance should be no to bad as they are group 13, will get a quote later on.

If I get one it will be getting left pretty much standard anyway, maybe lower a little bit as they seem to sit a bit high, thanks for the help anyway guys
DERV-POWER

19th Feb 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it has 6 disc changer make sure it ejects as they are known for failing,also check if front springs have been changed as they are common for snapping

[Edited on 19-02-2011 by DERV-POWER]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another fiesta thread 23 database queries in 0.0064509 seconds