corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Writing your own AutoCAD menus

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Writing your own AutoCAD menus
mwg

User status: Offline
1st Mar 11 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How easy is it to do this? We have just been given some additional menus from our other office, it has a few of our standard blocks in them so you just go to the menu click on the block you want then insert it in to the drawing. The idea is good but they could be organised better and ideally I want to add more blocks and menus myself.

Two of the new menu's we have are laid out really neatly and nice with sub-categories in each menu, screen shot of these shown below:

They are great and don't need any changes to them.

But then there are two other menus that look like this:

Random file names, no order to them, random file names, no sub categories within them etc. etc. they aren't a patch on the other two menus.

I want to tidy them up to make them look similar to the other menus and I would also like to add some new menus with other drawing blocks on them. You get the idea of what I'm trying to do.

How do I go about doing this? Is it a nightmare? I know it's something to do with writing script files but that's as far as I've got at the moment!

Any help appreciated!
AndyKent

1st Mar 11 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure tbh.

I know you can rearrange the ribbon and/or toolbars using the 'CUI' command. That any good?
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We use Tool Palettes to insert our blocks with, you can add different palettes so that you could have 4 different sections (one for each menu) and then you get a little thumbnail of the thing you're inserting too. Would mean re-doing the whole thing though I imagine

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
mwg

2nd Mar 11 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Not sure tbh.

I know you can rearrange the ribbon and/or toolbars using the 'CUI' command. That any good?

Not really I've already added some macros to the toolbars myself so know how to do that.

I just dont know how to add those extra menus in. I know its possible as its been done but the guy that sent me the menus is really unhelpful! I think he wants to be the only one that knows how to do it.

It's a good idea but I know I can improve it and develop it further myself if I just knew how to do the programming side of it
mwg

2nd Mar 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
We use Tool Palettes to insert our blocks with, you can add different palettes so that you could have 4 different sections (one for each menu) and then you get a little thumbnail of the thing you're inserting too. Would mean re-doing the whole thing though I imagine

Is that like using the design centre? That's what we do as well but this menu system is quicker and you don't have to go searching round for things, its all there under the menus this way.
ed

2nd Mar 11 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not really an AutoCad user, but does this help? http://www.archidigm.com/Coverpage/cover1-01/lounge-set_menu.htm
mwg

2nd Mar 11 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I'm not really an AutoCad user, but does this help? http://www.archidigm.com/Coverpage/cover1-01/lounge-set_menu.htm

Sort of, it shows how to load them which I knew already but from a quick glance it looks like the menus he's adding are just ones he is creating using the existing AutoCAD commands rather than making it drop in his own drawing blocks that he's created. I'll have another look later when I get time.

New Poll