corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lowering help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lowering help
dan2011

User status: Offline
5th Mar 11 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi everyone. im sure this has been done at some point before but im gonna be getting a 60mm lowering kit soon but ive only got 13s on at the moment until i get some alloys. was wondering lowering it by this much with only 13s on will it cause many problems? i.e driveshafts at harsh angles or so low it wont go over speed bumps. any help would be cool thanks
Matty W

5th Mar 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i lowered mine 60mm all round with a jamex kit and left it on standard 13" steelies for ages. after it settled it did catch on the curb at the front of my drive if i was at 90 degrees to it backing up, and it would sometimes catch the under side at speed bumps. if you take your time though it should be fine.
lowering it 60mm will also affect the tracking at the front wheels so make sure you get an alignment check straight after fitting.
you may also need shorter exaust rubbers to stop the exaust catching on the rear axle
Scotty C

5th Mar 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mechanically, it'll be fine.
dan2011

5th Mar 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im a little dumb so may sound like a silly question, but how does it effect the tracking and would it definatly be put out and only have one day off a week so hard to get it booked in for tracking. also does anyome have any pics of 60m drop with 13in steels
Matty W

5th Mar 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a pic in my garage. If you imagine the co-axle on the end of the steering rack, it sits at an angle to the rack and moves up and down with the strut. If you lower the car you effectively raise the co-axle and because it pivot at the other end it is further out than it would be at the original ride height causing the wheels to toe out. I'll put up a diagram when I get in, out atm
c20letandy1988

5th Mar 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fine mate ive had mine slammbed on avo coilovers

Matty W

5th Mar 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry there a bit crude

dan2011

6th Mar 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for your help everybody, think im gonna wait till i get some alloys before i lower it. cheers again

New Poll