corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Running

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Running
Tom G

User status: Offline
15th Mar 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What running shoes do you currently have? The ones i had are now about 1.5 yrs old, still in good condition as i've only been going out on regular runs in the last 6 months.... Now on longer runs (4+ miles) they rub the inside arch of my foot, should i be looking for something particular?
Ive heard that you should replace them every six months anyway but would insoles help?

I was looking at some Nike+ ones so i can track my runs as i dont have an iphone(DesireHD) and don't fancy losing it, if not i've seen the wristbands...
Budget is £70-80

Any advice would be great as im doing the Great Manchester run in may so want to train in them for a few weeks before..
AlunJ

15th Mar 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some nike compete 2's, pretty comfortable, I use them mainly for treadmill work but they're not too bad outside either. Then again there's probably better for your budget
Conway563

15th Mar 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you had your feet properly measured? It's amazing the difference proper fitting trainers make

I have some uk gear PT-03's. Haven't let me down so far
I mainly do light trail running though
Laney

15th Mar 11 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd recommend going into a running shop and asking them what you've just asked us!

They should measure your feet and check your gait (usually by videoing you on a treadmill) then buy which ever pair you like most out of the selection they offer you.
Tom G

15th Mar 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a look in my local one and he suggested the Nike zooms and a few asics ones, going to give them a purchase and see how they are... the Nike ones are only 55 plus my discount so not too shabby
Marc

15th Mar 11 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 months is right.

I wear Mizunos, had them 2 years!!!
Ben J

15th Mar 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adidas Climacool. Like slippers.

There's a good running shop in Manchester Arndale where they video you running and then tell you which type of trainer you need.

[Edited on 15-03-2011 by Ben J]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont sell climacool anymore
Ben J

15th Mar 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know. Had them about 3 years.
Tom G

15th Mar 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These zooms looks fine, he also suggested asics 1150s, something about going to a running shop is putting me off, don't want to feel pressured etc.
richardworrall
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo recommend going to a running shop, they know what there talking about and will advise you without pressuring you, they'll make a suggestion and you choose. It took me an hour to decide on my last ones and they were more than happy to help. Must get your gait checked to make sure your getting the right ones to avoid injury when you start increasing the mileage.

Its more about distance rather than time on when you should be changing them. The recommendation is between 400 and 500 miles. If you can grab you shoe and bend the toe box area longways down the middle of the shoe and it bends easily they need changing and will be providing no support at all.
Been running a few years so if you need any advice just ask.

[Edited on 15-03-2011 by richardworrall]
noshua

15th Mar 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decathalon 9.99 specials
Tom G

15th Mar 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers rich, I got rubbing on my arch towards the front and can feet that my feet turn in when running. I do get problems when over longer distances, ran 8 miles on Sunday and my knee is hurting lightly now normally ache a lot more, did 6 miles in the gym the other week and my hips were hurting when I walked so these musnt be right atm. I've looked on the internet and they have a decent running shop in Chester and I remember there being one in liverpool centre.

[Edited on 15-03-2011 by Tom G]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Running 24 database queries in 0.0101221 seconds