corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Very quick help needed - nylon bushes UPDATE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Very quick help needed - nylon bushes UPDATE
Generation

User status: Offline
4th Apr 11 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its wrong section kill me etc. However I need an answer very quickly.

As mention in previous posts in help sections, my c20xe runs, only problem is gears,I had 5 but no reverse all smooth though. tried fitting short shift, think was fact was not an mtech one, so just didnt seem to want to work.

So went back to standard linkage, no all gears are very notchy, although im using the nylon bushes in the stanadrd linkage, (was very tight to fit) this likly to be the problem?

[Edited on 05-04-2011 by Generation]
Mieran

4th Apr 11 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you line the gears up properly and is your linkage been modified to suit a big block gearbox?
Generation

4th Apr 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, I done gears via drill bit method (same was a I done before, and had 5 gears) since then had nothing but problems.

Linkage was extended by previouls owner of engine, that had it in a corsa
ianofbhills

4th Apr 11 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you need a quick answer when you've been doing this engine conversion for months....

are you locking the box in neutral with the drill bit or just putting it in not realizing you have to twist the selector slightly?

Or are you just a biff!
Generation

4th Apr 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because, I have more than 2 hours to work on it tomorrow. Seeing as I'm in full time work the otherside of London, renovating a new properlty for renting out, and having a gf and social life to manage....
Yes the box is being locked in neutral, I'm doing it exacrtly same was as I did before to get gears, only thing that has changed is the bushes, hence my question
Generation

5th Apr 11 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out I'm not using a spacer, unlike I was told by person who done up that mount:@
The linkage was extnded by previous owner, so do I need to fit a standard corsa linkage now, or will that be too short?
ianofbhills

5th Apr 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation

5th Apr 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arrogance, gets people nowhere in life.

Theres things, people don't know in this world, nobody knows everything.

Difference is people who generally know more, are not that arrogant ones about it, as they ahve seen all levels of experience.

If you want to act the smart ass, go hang around a nursery, nobody else will be impressed, see how well the ladies like it

New Poll