corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about euro breakdown for those in the know

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question about euro breakdown for those in the know
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Apr 11 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to get myself cover for my ring trip when i go away for a week.

What iv found out from a couple of places so far is that if i break down, someone comes out tries to repair the car, if they cant it gets towed to a garage, if the garage cant fix it then it get repatriated back to the UK, fine.

However this doesnt fill me with much confidence, when asked what would happen if they towed it to a garage and the garage said yes we can fix it, will cost you say 600 euros.

I wont have that sort of disposable cash, so i asked if i couldnt afford it would i be stuck there, and the RAC said they werent sure, and Greenflag said yes i would be stuck there if i said i couldnt afford it.

I didnt ask the AA but will do later. So question is anyone know if the RAC or AA would cover you repatriation in this event?
whitter45

7th Apr 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they would cover it - but I would assume you would need get their approval for works to be done but claim the cash back post repair

So i think you will find your in the same boat regardless
smcGSI16V

7th Apr 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ADAC.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Apr 11 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i may enquire about adac when im over there, pretty sure there policy is same as aa though
Graeme
Premium Member

7th Apr 11 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a friend snapped a driveshaft at the ring a few years ago. Got towed to a local garage. They couldnt get the parts for months so he and his passenger got flown home. And the car came back on a transporter when one was in the area, down side is that he had to leave the car there and took about 3 weeks before he got it back.

Steve
Premium Member

7th Apr 11 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah everywhere is saying that they wont repatriate you if the garage say they can fix it no matter how much its going to cost, when have you heard a garage turn round and say they cant fix something, con imo

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about euro breakdown for those in the know 23 database queries in 0.0112281 seconds