corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone from Crayford?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone from Crayford?
Happy_2008

User status: Offline
7th Apr 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at properties to buy as a FTB around this area to commute to london and wanted to hear your views on the local area?

So far i have been told not to touch the following areas:

Erith
Thamesmead
Abbeywood.

Any opinions on Crayford? The train travels via the sidcup route so im hoping that this area is worth looking into to purchase a flat
Ojc

7th Apr 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of people on here.

Hi Eric.
luciaadr

7th Apr 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am. (postcode comes up bexleyheath, but im closer to crayford)

Bought 1st house 18 months ago.Lived in erith 24 years prior
luciaadr

7th Apr 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erith is a town of 2 halves. Some of its rough, some is really ncie, albeit surrounded by more rough.

Abbey wood and Thamesmead are through and through shit though...

I can answer questions. Why is travlleing on the sidcup route important?
Happy_2008

7th Apr 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which part of Erith is actually nice then? I just thought that crayford is nicer since the train avoids the abbeywood and erith stations.
Fad

7th Apr 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Avoid Erith, really industrial and lots of gyppos....Your car will eventually end up at the many local breakers yard over the course of a few years....

Abbeywood is a bit closer to London but you will pay through your nose for even a dodgy ex council property IMO. Also the area is renowned for being a bit "Lewisham"

Crayford is a good place to buy as its got good zoning to london. Properties in Crayford offers good value for money and values will remain stable too. Some nice properties in the area particularly Braeburn Park.

Much like any other area you have good and bad parts
Happy_2008

7th Apr 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know what Woodford Drive is like in Crayford?
luciaadr

8th Apr 11 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to avoid those stations (cant blame you) then you want the bexleyheath or sidcup train lines into London. They all start at Dartford, so it may be worth considering there. Train will be more expensive but properties are cheaper.

This choice opens up Barnehurst (where I live), bexleyheath and Welling as well, all of which have affordable FTB flats, some in nice new devlopments and dont have a reputation for being generally shit. Bexleyheath has the biggest town centre in the area which has benefitted from investment over the last few years, as opposed to dartford which is slowly falling apart.

Dont know Woodford Drive, can find it on google maps either, sorry. So long as you avoid the council estates in Crayford you'd be fine though, and they're fairly obvious.

Seing as you asked, the nice bit of Erith is the Lesney Park estate, and surrounding roads. Hosue prices are

though and totally out of reach of the FTB.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=lesney+park&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Lesney+Park,+Erith+DA8,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.477922,0.173163&spn=0.010478,0.01929&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.477973,0.173319&panoid=ArHo48hq7Xujziv82hzOuQ&cbp=12,109.01,,0,11.71

[Edited on 08-04-2011 by luciaadr]
Happy_2008

8th Apr 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are the council estates in Crayford? What about Eltham and new eltham?
luciaadr

8th Apr 11 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might have misled you slightly there. Dont think there are any council flats in Crayford, they're all housing estates. If you're looking for flat/apartment it wont really affect you.

I dont know very much at all about Eltham im afraid. I never have to go there!
sampayne21

8th Apr 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new eltham is nicer than eltham, bexleyheath, falconwood, sidcup, dartford are all fairly nice areas. crayford is ok but not as nice imo.
most people go to crayford for the local mcdonalds tbh
Happy_2008

1st Aug 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone from Dartford?

Keen to point out any dodgy areas? Maybe moving to knights manor estate but i am getting mixed reviews on this area.

[Edited on 01-08-2011 by Happy_2008]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone from Crayford? 23 database queries in 0.0850639 seconds