corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 1.4 SRi - Improve Engine Noise Help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.4 SRi - Improve Engine Noise Help!
JJWebster2010

User status: Offline
10th Apr 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum

I have a 60 reg Corsa 1.4 SRi, and I have been researching how to make it sound better. I have looked into drilling holes in the airbox but fear it'll suck up warm air and lose power. Also looking at a K&N Cone filter to improve the sound. And reccomendations? Any tips or ideas?

Cheers

Josh
Paul_JC

10th Apr 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best bet would be to buy an actual after market filter rather than drill the standard box
JJWebster2010

10th Apr 11 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
Best bet would be to buy an actual after market filter rather than drill the standard box

Yeah, I'm looking at a K&N filter, but another idea is a backbox, sounds louder, deeper and more compression. Thanks for the quick response
Scotty C

10th Apr 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a BMC enclosed induction kit, brand new if you're interested? Comes with cold air feed and all fittings
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Apr 11 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can drill the airbox without it taking in warm air, just plan where it needs drilling.

Then fit a free-flow panel filter such as K&N.
joebickerton

10th Apr 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my corsa sport ive got a tube running down to a cone filter in the bumping roars like a bitch! lol

New Poll