corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What products to use for scratch removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What products to use for scratch removal
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Apr 11 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went through quite a few posts on DW, and every person has different opinions etc.

I have got a metalic blue car, scratches of different extent. I want to correct the paintwork as much as possible without repaint.

Went over paintwork with AutoGlyms SRP, which did very little, so I think I need something "stronger"?

I have got a machine polisher, but no pad...

So what combo should I go for?
John

10th Apr 11 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just pick a polish and pad, you have a bora don't you so the paint is probably hard.

Maybe a harder cutting pad then a finishing one to start off with. Pick either 1 or 2 polishes to go with them.

The guys on DW use trial and error, doing it DIY you don't normally have the luxury of having 10 of everything at hand so just go for something, it'll work a bit at least, if it's not 100% try something else next time.
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is a bora... I was afraid the paint could be hard.

What are the "harsher" polsihes? Could i use G3 stuff? And something like green 3m pad?
Dave

10th Apr 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get on the phone to Polished Bliss. They'll talk you through the best products to use and processes for your type of paint.
belton

10th Apr 11 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3m-Ultrafina-se-polish-50383-1Kg-bottle-/130506730394?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item1e62ceab9a

G3 compond with a compound machine head.

Then the above over that to smooth it out (using a polishing head)
it will work wonders I promise just be careful of the g3 burning through. Do your whole car with the 3m stuff aswell. It is proper paint correction stuff and gets rid of swirl marks. I did a few scratches on my skoda the other day and it looks brand new. I have a few after shots in my garage. Not great shots but note the reflection in the bonnet n boot lid.
3CorsaMeal

11th Apr 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use menzerna power gloss as my harsh one, with their white pad, then final finish with a yellow pad

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What products to use for scratch removal 23 database queries in 0.0089049 seconds