corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smokey c16xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smokey c16xe
one-mr-t

User status: Offline
13th Apr 11 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a c16xe, with powerbox, and a 4-2-1 manifold, when driving sensibly it won't smoke at all, if I rev the car whilst sat still ie up to about 6000rpm it will rev up no problem just kick out white then black smoke, but when driving and I put my foot down its blue smoke followed by black smoke, I've checked all compression they are around 190psi per cylinder, checked the plugs no sign of burning oil on them just abit sutty, any ideas anyone?
one-mr-t

13th Apr 11 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lad I bought the engine off said it has been sat for a few months, but its bin in my car nearly a week now and its not clearing up, just really starting to annoy me any help is much appreciated thanks
philip2

13th Apr 11 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if sutty sounds like over fuelling, is the fuel reg piped into the inlet or not?
one-mr-t

13th Apr 11 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's all connected properly
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too much oil?

Also the valve stem oil seals could be knacked, with it being sat up for a while.
one-mr-t

13th Apr 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No oil level is fine, not drove it muuch really so oil level is about the same, it doesn't smoke when 1st started either, just checked there was air blowing threw the pipe that connetcts onto the rocker cover the metal one, and no air blowing out and there's a little bit of creamy shite in there so will atake it off tomoz and have a proper look
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it for a good run, and get it hot, which should clear most of the crap.

Might want to check your levels again.

New Poll