corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Eps controller problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Eps controller problem
wwwNOOBcom

User status: Offline
17th Apr 11 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im stummped to this problem.

Iv fitted eps to my gsi, the box of tricks that controlls the eps i got from ebay has a few wires.

Red= Battery/Constant Live??.
Black= Earth/Swith live???????????????.

The other wires run into the white plug and the dial thing to control how much gain you want on it.

I have the Red live ran into the ignition so obv when i turn the igntion on its getting a 12v feed.

I asked on migweb what the black was for, somebody replyed it was a switch live, so also wired that into the igntion.

But its not doing anything, the main Green plug that runs into the ecu has a good live and earth, the white plug from the controller has a live on all pins?.

The controller dial gets a live when i test the terminals on it.

But it seems that the the blue plug that runs from the ecu to the colum itself is not giving off a live as if the ecu wont give a live to the coloum

When i first installed it i knocked or did something to the ecu as i was trying to tuck it up out of view and the steering wheel start turning on its own, It was one of the WTF moments. Then the ecu metal body itself became live when i tested it, now it just dosnt do anything and when i test the metal body again it is not live.

And before anyone asked iv not got the instuctions lol. Could i have busted the Ecu?.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Apr 11 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know how the controller works, but on the standard system, it needs to read your speed and revs. The green wire on a Corsa loom, is the rev counter feed.

New Poll