corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bmw e46 330cd msport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bmw e46 330cd msport
mark_gsi

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 11 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at getting one of these soon, Just wondering has anybody owned one before or had a go in one? whats the pros and cons with them? i know they do a 320 which would be better on diesel but i'm after a bit of power as well. There well spec'd with plenty of toys also. Any info would be great.

[Edited on 22-04-2011 by mark_gsi]
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Apr 11 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boss had a 330cd Msport Auto on an 04 plate.Never had any problems with it.It went like fuk too.

Mate had a 330d Msport Saloon on a 51 plate with the earlier 183bhp engine.Only problem he had with that was the diff bushes.Was a nice specced car and quick as fuk.Used to just pull hard all the way in any gear.

Would love a go in a mapped 1.
mark_gsi

22nd Apr 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea im looking around 03-55 plate ones prices vary in them, ive heard they were quick (for a diesel) but just never expirienced one. mapped they could be around 240-260 i spose? There full of toys most of them, some with satnav/tv as standard.
Fad

22nd Apr 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at a few before you buy, i viewd 5 examples around mostly around the 70-100k mark at £8.5-£10k. I also looked at several individual 320cd's.

I was certain I wanted one then I drove a e90 and it was like worlds apart! the 330cd is a great car but the price tag they command I would always get an e90 over and e46 unless it was an m3 or a 6 cylinder Vert.

Things I found common to them were loose rear end (RTAB bushes), pitching under braking (steering arm bushes), tired dampers (most of the boards agreede they should be changed at 60k) and the generally I found people who couldnt afford to maintain them owned them

If you get one, make sure its an Auto and it has full heated leather and Nav, they seem to hold their values well. Drive a few as the manual boxes are quite butch and notchy and not for everyone.

Good luck mate

[Edited on 22-04-2011 by Fad]
mark_gsi

22nd Apr 11 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea alot of them are auto/steptronic? is that where you can also change up and down as you please? I will keep my eye out for the best spec'd one i can find, full heated leather and nav/tv is a must.
Maintaing them wont be much of a problem, i pay for parts only and not labour so that wont be to bad. Do they eat rear tyres or not?
Fad

22nd Apr 11 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah step is where you can slide the lever to the left and its in sport tip mode.

Rear tyres are pricey due to the width and they are known to wear if the geometry is out so say the RTAB are knackered or the rear end has been taken apart. Always worth doing a full KDS alignment tbh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bmw e46 330cd msport 23 database queries in 0.0111821 seconds