corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Home Workouts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Home Workouts
dannymccann

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first time ever posting in Sports Day I think

Just wondering what you guys do as a home workout, say 3 days a week to give yourself time to recover? I've changed my diet for the better and to lose weight, I've started cycling and walking a lot more for cardio and have been reading up on the best use of my time / most efficient use of my time.

I'm not looking to P90X, and I'm also not looking to buy any equipment. Ive got some York Barbells, a gym mat and that's my lot. Ive been reading about bodyweight exercises and today I put together this small plan

Warm up consisting of jumping jacks, gentle squats and lunges and running on the spot
Then
10 reps of bodyweight squats (arms up in the air)
10 reps of lifting dumbbells right hand (I dont know what its called but you have a knee on a bench [or my kitchen chairs] and the same side hand further forward then you raise the weight straight up to your side and down again while you are leaning over
10 reps of lifting dumbbells left hand
10 reps of prisoner lunges left leg
10 reps of prisoner lunges right leg
10 push ups
Rest with jogging on spot and jumping jacks to keep blood pumping

Basically I am going to do this 3 times a week for as many circuits as I can, tonight I got stuck on the third circuit at the push ups because a) its so hot and b) the dog kept getting in the way

Anyone else got some tried and tested compound exercises they like to do with very minimal equipment at home?

Cheers
Dan
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 07:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion that's not a great workout by any means but somethings better than nothing.

You say no p90x but why?

Insanity is from the makers of p90 and it's all bodyweight excersizes. You don't even need a pull up bar

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Tom G

23rd Apr 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arent you best off doing sets of the same exercise? instead of circuits?

look into burpies too.

Inclined press ups are good, so stick your legs on a chair for example.

How much weight have you mgot for the dumbells? Tried loading them up then squating with them by your side?
dannymccann

23rd Apr 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think you guys understand how weak i am I feel dead this morning, no p90x because its too hardcore for me, and Tom I certainly don't need weights with my squats, not at the moment anyway!

If what I'm doing isn't right or good give me some tips, I'm a complete noob at this
Tom G

23rd Apr 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah will be dead at first, next week you'll be fine, its like how i went back to weight training and ached like a bitch even though im a lot fitter now.

It's all about slow controlled movements, and breathing, i used to always get light headed or have a head ache because i used to hold my breath on the lift...Breath in as you bring it back or go towards the floor when you do press ups then breath out when you come up. Don't be afraid of making a little ooossh sound everyone does.
dannymccann

23rd Apr 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breathing isn't a problem for me at the moment its literally my muscles are non existent so I'm trying to lift 200lbs on 10 y/o boy arms

I'm hoping I see some results fairly quickly or I will lose motivation, try my best not to though, any ideas for some beginner exercises? ??
Tom G

23rd Apr 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dips with your feet on the ground?
Dan
Premium Member

24th Apr 11 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hear davina's workout dvd is good

How about the couch to 10k run. Its designed for complete couch potatoes could be worth a look

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
dannymccann

25th Apr 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will look into that cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Home Workouts 25 database queries in 0.0093150 seconds