corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Organising your music

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Organising your music
Russ

User status: Offline
5th May 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
What about compilation albums?
what about them? they are all in the correct albums and i use the album tab to view them
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use the folder structure

+ Artist
+ Album
- Song1
- Song1
- folder.jpg

I then use mp3tag to set the artist and album based on the folders, i clear out all comments, set genre and using the folder.jpg i set the album art, clearing any already embedded into the mp3.

I store all of this music on my server:

Windows Server 2008
Intel Quad Core i5
8GB Ram
40GB SSD
4 x 2TB Samsung Hard-disks (In Raid 5)

I use iTunes to put the music onto my iPod, but i don't let iTunes index any of my music, i have enabled the manual sync of music on my iPod and i just drag and drop the albums i want on there.

I also store TV series on the server.

+ Show
- Episode (SxxExx - Name)

I use XBMC running on my Media Center at home to index Films, Music & TV, the Media Center is connected to every TV in the house including the bathroom so content can be displayed where ever i am.
Russ

5th May 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For movies and tv shows i use Plex, which basically asks you where you keep movies, and where yo ukeep tv shows, then does the rest of the indexing itself
John

5th May 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by John
What about compilation albums?
what about them? they are all in the correct albums and i use the album tab to view them

iTunes must have improved then, used to like putting each separate song in a folder for the original artist album.
Russ

5th May 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, sure did, now it puts it in the album it belongs. Well at least it does on osx, not used itunes in windows for a while, but i remember it being the same
noshua

5th May 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to hate iTunes, if all the tags are correct there's no problems with it.

I use MP3Tag to format the tags, set-up a script to automatically pull the info from the filename (if you need to) or vice versa and run it on your albums.

Compilation albums can be sorted in iTunes via highlighting each one and editing it in the Get Info context menu.
Gary
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
I used to hate iTunes, if all the tags are correct there's no problems with it.

I use MP3Tag to format the tags, set-up a script to automatically pull the info from the filename (if you need to) or vice versa and run it on your albums.

Compilation albums can be sorted in iTunes via highlighting each one and editing it in the Get Info context menu.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with itunes. Just adding songs is a bit gay. should just do it its self lazy bastrd
pow
Premium Member

30th May 11 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iTunes is a pile of apple programing wank, as is the Bonjour service.

I'm using Media Monkey and it's coping really well with doing it all, syncing to my iPod and downloading Podcasts as well

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll