corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...?

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mortgage...?
richc

User status: Offline
10th May 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
25k is good up here

I'm on more than that and I can't afford to buy fuck all down here.

[Edited on 09-05-2011 by pow]

But you have a brand new car and another slightly shitter one but it still costs money to run reguardless.

Or am i jumping to conclusions and you mean if you sold your cars, you still wouldnt be able to afford it.

Thats the reason im selling my megane. I earn alot less then national average and drive a car with is expensive to run. Its all fine and dandy living at home, i can chuck money left, right and chelsea but its going soon as i will never be able to afford a mortage at this rate.

But majority of people dont want to make changes. They still want new cars, still want expensive clothes etc
emicen

10th May 11 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
But majority of people dont want to make changes. They still want new cars, still want expensive clothes etc

That's it right there. Remember a poll on pistonheads where most people owned their own home/flat and the average car value was under half their salary.

Compare this to Dazza on 15k a year, PCP'd out his tits on a Focus ST/S3/330Ci, takes Chantelle to Marbella every year and wants to wear nothing but superdry. But its all "they fat cat cunts in the banks" fault he can't buy a gaff.
chloe16v

11th May 11 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i think we should all scan our p60's in when we get them and compare how much the tax man rapes us for

in other words, how much we pay to keep chloe16v and her dogs alive.

oh im sorry, i must have pissed the payment of £14.70p that buys my dog food every week
Jake

11th May 11 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by Jake
id like to know what people claim to earn a day after tax

working days or days in a year ( i.e. 48working weeks*5 = 240days or 365days) and is that year a leap year or normal year? And do you want after tax and national insurance or just tax - Your post is too vague tbhkthxbai

its not difficult is it? you go into work today, finish in the afternoon and calculate how much you earned that day. why are you going on about leap years
dannymccann

11th May 11 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

working days or days in a year ( i.e. 48working weeks*5 = 240days or 365days) and is that year a leap year or normal year? And do you want after tax and national insurance or just tax - Your post is too vague tbhkthxbai

its not difficult is it? you go into work today, finish in the afternoon and calculate how much you earned that day. why are you going on about leap years

Being pedantic?
Root

11th May 11 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:
quote:
quote:

Being pedantic?

SHALLOW AND PEDANTIC

btw doesn't this belong in house day

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by Root]
emicen

11th May 11 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Anyone who answers with an actual number will be accused of willy waving.

Stand a better chance of going: average monthly salary / average working days (21.5ish)

Then getting how many days stuff costs you. Mortgage, council tax and factor fees cost me just over a working week, 3.5 days work to pay for diesel just for commuting

(Where the fuck the other two working weeks go is an interesting question )

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by emicen]
RichR
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe a little pedantic but I'm on salary so technically earn less per day in a leap year that a normal year-not paid hourly or daily, my annual salary is just split 12ways as I guess a lot of others on here will be-but in fairness I was just being a prick
pow
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
25k is good up here

I'm on more than that and I can't afford to buy fuck all down here.

[Edited on 09-05-2011 by pow]

But you have a brand new car and another slightly shitter one but it still costs money to run reguardless.

Or am i jumping to conclusions and you mean if you sold your cars, you still wouldnt be able to afford it.

Thats the reason im selling my megane. I earn alot less then national average and drive a car with is expensive to run. Its all fine and dandy living at home, i can chuck money left, right and chelsea but its going soon as i will never be able to afford a mortage at this rate.

I could probably raise a decent 15% deposit if I sold the Alfa and sorted out some other bits and peices but I couldn't pay a mortgage, council tax, gas, leccy, other bills, run a car AND eat on my 'nation average' wage. Plus while I understand there is some sacrifices to be made, why should I eat out of bean tins for 364 days of the year just so I can have a mortgage?

And there's nothing wrong with my MX5

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by pow]
Fro

11th May 11 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave - I worked out I was only just out of reach of being able to afford to move out on my own into a house if I had the deopsit which included all monthly outgoings and increased travel costs.

That was paying 700 a month on mortgage

you earn a good few k more than me aswell
pow
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely not, you work in the city, I work in public sector
Fro

11th May 11 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True story.

Capita are tight and stingy but roll out record profits year on year and are buying a rediculous amount of companies atm too. I'm here as they will pay for everything for my education and its a good Co. to have on CV
Ben G

11th May 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where were you looking at for a 700 a month mortgage fro?

and nationwide are doing 5% mortgages now for anyone who's interested. don't know the rate though.
Fro

11th May 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ashford near the newish train link. Wasn't a massive house but would have been a good start/investment as I've heard the area is being developed quite a bit.
Ben G

11th May 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ashford is quite nice.
richc

11th May 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
quote:

That's it right there. Remember a poll on pistonheads where most people owned their own home/flat and the average car value was under half their salary.

Compare this to Dazza on 15k a year, PCP'd out his tits on a Focus ST/S3/330Ci, takes Chantelle to Marbella every year and wants to wear nothing but superdry. But its all "they fat cat cunts in the banks" fault he can't buy a gaff.

Thats pretty much me atm But like i say, im willing to change it all when i need too

taylorboosh

11th May 11 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Notice no reply to job offer

<<  6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...? 23 database queries in 0.0093861 seconds