corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe help burning oil

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe help burning oil
scotty_f

User status: Offline
   10th May 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hiya there got a corsa sport with a x16xe engine just put a head on it after the cambelt broke and now its eating oil and burning it ive replaced the valve stem seals theres no lips or scores in the bore and all the breathers are clear ive done a comprerssion test and getting readings of 16 bar which is really high as it should be 10.5.1 before the cambelt broke the engine didnt smoke or burn no oil now its getting though 4 litres in under 100 miles theres no external leaks any help on this one at all
AlexW

10th May 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got the equipment (Or can borrow) to do a leak down test?

As I said before I'm a bit stuck as to what it could be, High compression shouldn't necessarily cause it to drink oil.
scotty_f

10th May 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its a weird one i havent got one or know anyone who has one to be honest i would of thought if the compression was high it could blow the oil past the rings maybe
AlexW

10th May 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It shouldn't unless the rings are funked anyway, High compression would usually play havoc with the ecu etc, Not rings/oil.

Is the car on the road etc? I can see If I can borrow a leak down test kit.
scotty_f

10th May 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it all on the road mate that would be great if you can mate
daine
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the compression is higher than normal, the oil scraper ring is worn, this allow`s the comp to be high on test as the oil seals the other rings But passes and burns under load, Did your cambelt brake and leave small dints in the pistons ? If so this can coure the ring to be nipped in the grooves.

New Poll