corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wootton Bassett: The Town That Remembers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wootton Bassett: The Town That Remembers
Ojc

User status: Offline
   10th May 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0113fjt/Wootton_Bassett_The_Town_That_Remembers/

Try not to cry
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th May 11 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Literally just finished watching this on iPlayer. Cried a little, didn't expect to to be honest but it's hard not to be upset by it.

MX5 Project Thread
Ojc

10th May 11 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The people lining the streets, as much as the Daily Mail likes to write it, I don't believe this country is as bad as we all think.

Beneath all the crap, we are still a nation full of pride and respect.
Ojc

10th May 11 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The old veteran reading those cards was gut wrenching, none of us have a thing to moan about in all honesty.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

10th May 11 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched it last night, was a brilliant programme. I didn't cry, but really was fighting back the tears at times. Some of the people there were absolutely amazing, the biker and woman working in the pub being a couple worth mentioning.
bubble

10th May 11 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never took an active interest in history growing up, and to be honest my knowledge of the wars from the past is very limited. i am obviously aware of the situations we are in now, and to be honest it really frustrates me. In todays world, we shouldnt be burying men who have died for their country because they were inadequately supplied. i hear news that there isnt enough protection for one soldier because they cant afford, but our country is happy to bail out other countries with money troubles?!

i can sit at work and have a little moan if my brew is a bit too cold, and to be honest im fucking ashamed at myself because that programme just hammers home that we have nothing to moan about given life's bigger picture.
Haimsey
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put this on

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
16vKarlos

11th May 11 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NINETY ONE!!!...

that old lady was 91 years old.. she was very heathy for her age!

well upsetting this

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by 16vKarlos]
Haimsey
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I described it as powerful. Very moving stuff.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
youngsezer

12th May 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother works in wootten bassett and is a store manager and they all close the shops and pay their respects
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

13th Jun 11 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For anybody that missed it the first time round, I urge you to watch it.

It's being repeated on BBC Four tonight at 20:00.

[Edited on 13-06-2011 by tom_simes]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wootton Bassett: The Town That Remembers 24 database queries in 0.4611969 seconds