corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Traction control

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Traction control
Rich H

User status: Offline
21st May 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never used to turn it off, but I've started to more often in the Mini now as it's near enough impossible to pull away from a junction / lights without nearly stalling it if not!

In the van I just leave it on as it combines it with stability control which does help to reduce roll when cornering.
ChrisBoom

21st May 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it with my astra, but it was combined with stability control. Turned it off as it would hit the brakes if you took a corner hard
richc

21st May 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick-S
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
On the clio its awesome - I never turn it off - and barely notice it - just does what its supposed to and no more
i gess is pritty much the same system as my R26. So unintrusive isnt it.

Ive turned mine off once in a year. Only because i never had Leave it on tbh, it does its purpose. Only time it does my head in is on one single road near me, and its a long sweeping left and in the rain any sort of throttle it cuts in when there isnt really any need. Any other situation its awesome.
SportBoy

21st May 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my toyboata has it for some reason .. only time ive switched it off is when i got stuck in it a few times in the snow a few months ago.

hasnt got enough power/torque to notice it the rest of the time
broster
Premium Member

21st May 11 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep it on most of the time in the m5, saves the back tyres killing them selves!
Matt L

22nd May 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
I like the TC in the 350. It lets you twitch the back out on corners then brings it straight back. Very predictable and makes you look cool

what he said however for pulling off not having tc on is so much better other wise the car just dies when you go into second
Dr Pepper

22nd May 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I have it and leave it on. Wouldn't drive without it.

Finally a sensible answer!

I don't get why anyone would turn it off straight away? Surely you'd only ever turn it off when going for a bit of a boogie?

Or are you all tools and drive like idiots 24/7?

Because on a lot of cars its shite - on the original cooper s for example, especially combined with run flat tyres .... it was terrifying with the traction on. For the first few weeks of having that car I was often left stranded in the middle of a roundabout or t junction with the car refusing to do anything.

In the cooper s first thing I did was turn the ignition on, then flick the traction off .... Im used to driving older cars that dont have it - It doesnt mean your reckless just becasue you have your traction off ...could be the opposite - that you are driving to the conditions rather than going too fast and hoping the electronic aids sort it out for you?

As I say - in the clio im happy to never turn it off because you barely notice it.
mwg

22nd May 11 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever tried moderating your use of the throttle instead of just slamming it down in to the carpet
joes_1.4_16v_sport

22nd May 11 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When im angry / late night I go for a "drive" and turn mine off.

However taking a corner fast sometimes it can cause more problems then when its off even though its basically "a safety device" around letting the wheels turn...

EDIT: Car = 2002 BAM engined S3 with a stage 2 remap+ mods.

[Edited on 22-05-2011 by joes_1.4_16v_sport]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Traction control 23 database queries in 0.0114429 seconds