corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tool Day-Bearing Pullers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tool Day-Bearing Pullers
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th May 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a bearing in my hub that i want to extract and refit, they don't sell them seperately so i need it to come out undamaged.
Been told i need a blind bearing tool to get it out (its a 2004 Megane Sport)

Seen a few pullers, but having never used one, can't see much of a difference between this £30 one, and this £100ish one, i don't want it to be a struggle with the cheapy one but then i don't wanna waste an extra £70 if the cheaper one will do its job

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pilot-Bearing-Puller-Capacity-13-38mm-ID-bridge-blind-/200612787283?pt=UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=item2eb5743453

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sealey-Blind-Bearing-Puller-Set-5pc-AK714-/130505788364?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1e62c04bcc
Mertin

27th May 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sealey one will be built better likely, it also features a slide hammer. Although the puller should be doing all the work and "pulling" it off

With experience from using bearing pullers id go for the sealey one, never dealt with bearings on cars but removing bearings from pumps and machinery can be tough and the puller's got to be up to the job as sometimes requires alot of force depdning how the bearing is fitted
DaveyLC

27th May 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a press really.
Tom J
Premium Member

27th May 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a press won't work as its in a blind hole?
Tom J
Premium Member

27th May 11 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Sealey one will be built better likely, it also features a slide hammer. Although the puller should be doing all the work and "pulling" it off

With experience from using bearing pullers id go for the sealey one, never dealt with bearings on cars but removing bearings from pumps and machinery can be tough and the puller's got to be up to the job as sometimes requires alot of force depdning how the bearing is fitted

this is what i thought, thanks
Mertin

27th May 11 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideally you'll be grabbing the bearing internally then to pull it out as you cant get to the outer edge?

You may not be using it everyday but when you do want to use it then itl make things alot easier and last

Iv knocked up home made pullers in the past for things and quite easily bent pieces of steel and stud bar, somethings can be really tough

[Edited on 27-05-2011 by Mertin]
Tom J
Premium Member

27th May 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, as i understand it you insert this puller, expand the collett then pull it out
scottyp1989

27th May 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried using a blind puller on my scenic hub with no joy. in the end i used a solid piece of bar, a vice, cold chisel and a big hammer. i made up a press using a 10 ton bottle jack after that and that works no problems

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tool Day-Bearing Pullers 23 database queries in 0.0075469 seconds