corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting window tints tested.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting window tints tested.
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
21st Jun 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My motor has got tints and I'm not sure if they are over the legal limit and I dont fancy getting 3 points for looking like a tart!

I know I can just rip the feckers out but does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could get them tested with a light meter? (other than getting pulled by plod or vosa).
gtitim

21st Jun 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

General consensus is that if the front side windows are tinted, they will be illegal. Most factory glass has a tint, and that will be all you can get away with. behind the B pillar its not an issue. In front of, whether limo black, light smoke, dark smoke, whatever, it will usually ber illegal.

[Edited on 21-06-2011 by gtitim]
DaveyLC

21st Jun 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are optional manufacturer tints, but they are still an add on film.. I think I might just rip the feckers off.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

21st Jun 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything up to a total of 50% tint (factory & film) Usually carries an advisory to remove, and isnt endorsable.

Had a few cars with lightly tinted front windows & never had any plod related issues.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Jun 11 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea its non endorsable they just make you remove them
DaveyLC

21st Jun 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm only thinking about it because a few friends have had issues and one has received points! Seems to be they are hot on it round here at the moment.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Jun 11 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you only recieve points if your not willing to remove a section of it at the side of the road. if you rip a part off when they ask you to you wont be point'd
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jun 11 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you get 3 points now? I just got a £30 fine and ordered to remove a few years ago.
Twiggy

21st Jun 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask a rozzer as they have testing shizzle...
LeeM

21st Jun 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to a station, ask them to test them for you.
Chris_corsab

21st Jun 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got medium smoke on my and look pretty tinted tbh first day i had them coming back from the tint shop and pulled up and lights a copper was next to me... Didnt say anything... 3 years later still got them on just dont go to wales they will fuk you over bastards down there so i have been told
pow
Premium Member

21st Jun 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pop down to a station divid, sure they wouldn't mind testing them
Jambo

21st Jun 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs Jambo's Clio has factory tints. Never had any issues.

My dads E39 had them too, got a vosa spot check told to remove them. Dad just said ok I'll get on it. Never removed them never failed and MOT and never had any issies
gtitim

21st Jun 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a Tintman -a gadget to test the light reading - goes either side of the window - cant remember off top of my head if its endorsable or not - our traffic rats have the machine, and we never see it, so dont tend to do any tint checks
DaveyLC

21st Jun 11 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been doing some research and it looks like any form of additional tinting on the front windows is illegal?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Jun 11 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Behind in the B pillar it can be black as you want. In front has to let i think 70% of light through and nothing is allowed on the windscreen

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting window tints tested. 23 database queries in 0.0128889 seconds