corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone know anything about alfa romeos?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone know anything about alfa romeos?
LeeM

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive posted this on alfaowner.com as well but i know how busy CS is and theres people who know lots about everything os if anyone could help that would be great.

my boss has a 2005 147 with a 1.6 petrol engine, recently its had a new waterpump and had a cambelt change at the same time. shes barely driven it since but has done a couple of 20 mile or so motorway journeys.
it went in for some bodywork today and the garage have rang up saying the engines packed in, their mechanic has told me theres been valve to piston contact, at least 1 valve has snapped and smashed the piston and plugs etc, but the belt its self is in perfect condition and is still under tension, so thats not snapped or stripped its self.

is there anything special that needs to be done when changing the belts that could have caused a fault in whatever vvc system is used on this engine, or is it just coincidence that somethings gone wrong so soon after the belt was done?

thanks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone know anything about alfa romeos? 23 database queries in 0.0100050 seconds