corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Religion

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Religion
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jul 11 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most are theories yes. ut we also have solid fact proving that religion is a load of shite.

One thing that isnt mentioned, is the teachings of the bible. Yeah, a lot of it is twoddle, walking on water etc etc but the things it says are wrong/right still stand today, minus a couple.

Everyone of different failths need to sort themselves out, stop arguing about whos god is the 'real' on and realise that they all teach a simelar set of morals.
John

16th Jul 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The universe being at least X years old isn't a theory, its a hard fact.
R Lee

16th Jul 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if...?

Religion is proven to be FACT!

It's like ghosts to me. Until proven and seen with my own eyes, I don't believe it.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jul 11 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Religion isnt fact. End of. Already too much proof against it.

It's just shallow minded, stupid folk that believe it.

My grandma once told me I was daft for believing that there's life out there, yet she believes in god? Ridiculous!
R Lee

16th Jul 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if though?

We're all going to feel the wrath of God
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jul 11 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If religion is real then I'm off to hell anyway.

Should be pretty cushty down there. Will be full of heavy metal and beer!
R Lee

16th Jul 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if you get anally intruded with a spiky dildo as a punishment?

From today onwards, I'm going to be a good boy and go to heaven. I want to ride on clouds and eat meringues everyday.
Dave

16th Jul 11 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
What if though?

We're all going to feel the wrath of God

As a great man once said about the existance of God "If I'm wrong, I'll recant on my deathbed".
Ingham
Banned

16th Jul 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Religion is a load of shite.
Paul_J

16th Jul 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The universe being at least X years old isn't a theory, its a hard fact.

O RLY?

http://techzwn.com/2011/06/distant-quasar-marks-the-brightest-object-ever-found-video/

quote:
Due to the amount of time it would take for light from the quasar to reach the earth (allowing researchers to see it), it gives a window dating back an estimated 12.9 billion years... however, that the age of the quasar poses some difficult questions. The spectrum revealed the black hole at the center of the quasar, with a mass of two billion suns, doesn’t quite match up with the Big Bang theory... Given the size of the quasar, and its estimated age, it was compared to “finding a 6-foot-tall child in kindergarten,”

quote:

Why does this defy the age of the universe?
-----
There wasn't enough time for the black hole to grow as large as this one is (was). If X is how much material it would consume per billion years, it is sitting 4X when you universe is only two billion years old and should have only been 2X (note: I don't know the actual magnitude of the numbers, but am basing my numbers off the six-foot kindergartner comment).
John

16th Jul 11 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can tell how far the light has travelled, it's fact.
Paul_J

16th Jul 11 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, but travelled from what

The assumption is the point it has travelled from (aka what we believe is the big bang) = start of the universe and therefore age of the universe.

However, that isn't 'fact' as it's only what we are able to observe, based on our assumptions of what the universe is like / how it was formed.

Something like this throws it again:
http://www.szot.eu/
sand-eel

16th Jul 11 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i was in primary school i refused to do stuff, even back then i thought the idea was spasticated!
0775kieran

16th Jul 11 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is more worrying:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/27/world-muslim-population-doubling-report-projects/
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jul 11 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ffs. Ww3 will be a result of that.
fazza

16th Jul 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Atheism is nothing but an excuse for anal sex. There is no reason for anal sex other than atheism, and no reason for atheism other than anal sex.

Fucking
neil h

16th Jul 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh agnosticism is the way forward. None of this 'there is no god' bollocks, 'cus quite frankly the argument as to whether or not there is a god could go on for eternity and its pretty pointless.
Eck
Premium Member

16th Jul 11 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by John
We can tell it's at least as old as, it could be older.

People didn't actually believe the world was flat did they, is that not a common myth?

The majority of people don't understand science or religion.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427

No fucking way

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=50148

! fucking hell that forum has got to be a joke right?

quote:
Felicity, the next time that boy gets a lump in his pants, take your Bible and hit him right smack dab on the lump as hard as you can. When he screams, that's Satan leaving his body.

[Edited on 14-07-2011 by Paul_J]

Dear Felicity,

I think there is something seriously wrong with that boy. I would advice you to stay away from him, he might have something contagious. Perhaps he is the one who caused you to have that yeast infection I found when I was examining you. I will contact his parents and see if I can use some oil on him before I fill him with the joy of Jesus. "Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord." (James 5:14)

Yours in Christ,

Pastor J.C. Manning, M.D., Ph.D.

[Edited on 16-07-2011 by Eck]
N3CRO

16th Jul 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Most are theories yes. ut we also have solid fact proving that religion is a load of shite.

One thing that isnt mentioned, is the teachings of the bible. Yeah, a lot of it is twoddle, walking on water etc etc but the things it says are wrong/right still stand today, minus a couple.

Everyone of different failths need to sort themselves out, stop arguing about whos god is the 'real' on and realise that they all teach a simelar set of morals.

Ash_EP3

17th Jul 11 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Religion is all just a system of control, made up over hundreds / thousands of years by leaders/powerful individuals... none of which can be proven and thus is all relyed upon by trust!

I'm not religous and never have been, although I still participate in the festivities such as Christmas and Easter (food + presies ftw).

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Religion 23 database queries in 0.0442491 seconds