corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another what new car, but with a twist

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another what new car, but with a twist
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
   26th Jul 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'v got my mini cooper s up for sale and it's coming off the road with in the next few weeks, I was originally going to buy a banger with mot to get me to work and back (1 mile) each way so I can save some money till the new year an then buy another newish car.

How ever iv got the option to take on one of my dads company cars for 6 months maybe 12, I don't have to pay for servicing should it need one in that short time or insurance tax ect, I just pay a monthly fee it works out at about £90/100 for a fiesta £140 for a focus and so on, question is what ford to go for obviously dont want a massive ranger as want to save money am thinking either a zetec s fiesta, or maybe titanium X focus with the diesel engines what would you go for?

I can literally have any ford but they were the only 2 I could think of with out getting carried away i like the kuga but the ideah is to save some extra money for a few months

[Edited on 26-07-2011 by SXI - Matt]
pow
Premium Member

26th Jul 11 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have a need for a bigger car? I'd just take the smaller (slightly cheaper) one. I'd rather have a fully loaded Fezza than a mid spec Focus
Adam_B

26th Jul 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheapest one with the best MPG. For your situation it sounds pointless spending more money than you need to on it.

[Edited on 26-07-2011 by Adam_B]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Jul 11 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd make sure your fully covered with the company car situation. as usually you have to be a salary paid employee to have your own insurance on it.
pow
Premium Member

26th Jul 11 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive one first though, I could stand the way the 1.3 diesel alfa drove, needed the extra poke from the 1.6 IMO, so that's the one I got
Mark.W

26th Jul 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it just to get to work & back the 1 mile you say i wouldn't bother with either get a push bike for that distance.

Then save save save.
SXI - Matt

26th Jul 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I dont need the bigger car I was going to get a 106 5 door, but the cooper cost's me about £400 a month so even getting a focus I'm saving money, I was thinking though get a fully loaded zetec s as he gets a free upgrade so light & sight or stereo depending what deal they have on, iv drove the 1.3 diesel fiesta and would prob go for the 1.6 for on the motor way ect.

I'm fine to drive any think up to a land rover discovery on there policy as it covers direct family they do really good benefits, plus we only keep them till 5000 miles or 6 months.

Ha I maybe should of added some times I have to drive to other stores or go out at weekends so definatly need a car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another what new car, but with a twist 23 database queries in 0.0135269 seconds