corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SPEed Camers in donny

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SPEed Camers in donny
glasgow_corsa_c

User status: Offline
14th Apr 03 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got flashed by a camera cummin into donny...the limit was 40 and i was sittin on 40 and the camera lense clicked as if it took a photo of me... but the cameras face towards u, so aint that illegal? or are they the cameras that do the road tax or wat?? it was a yellow and blue camera and think it had "truvelo " or sumat written on it.

Adam

14th Apr 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those ones time you over a distance so you can't just slow down for the camera i think
Red_SXi

14th Apr 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most speed camera's take the rear of your car, this was most probably one of those TAX camera's or something similar
blebo

14th Apr 03 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought the distance ones werent operating yet??

glasgow_corsa_c

14th Apr 03 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam
those ones time you over a distance so you can't just slow down for the camera i think

it didnt flash or anythin tho and i was sittin around 40 or below it before i was anywhere near the camera.
vibrio
Banned

14th Apr 03 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forward facing camera's do not flash
antonOO2

14th Apr 03 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

''i got flashed by a camera'' -''It didnt flash or anything''

make up your mind
Adam

14th Apr 03 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Truvelo Speed Cameras
The forward facing Truvelo camera system is designed to take photographs of the front of a passing vehicle. This allows the picture taken to show the driver of the vehicle as well. In countries such as Switzerland, Germany and the Scandinavian countries driver recognition is a required factor to enable a successful prosecution of a speed or red light offence. A single front photograph, taken just after the vehicle has crossed the piezo sensors used for speed measurement, includes all the secondary check information required. To avoid the 'flash' which is given out by a rear facing Gatso camera the Truvelo system uses an infra red flash which produces no visible 'flash' to the approaching driver. (Pictured above; a forward facing Truvelo speed camera, sometimes referred to as a 'pink eye'). These are becoming increasingly more used, especially with recent cases where the registered owner of a vehicle has disputed that he/she was not driving the vehicle at the time of the speeding offence. This system offers evidence as to the identity of the driver at the time of the offence.

http://www.truvelouk.com/
3CorsaMeal

14th Apr 03 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You gotta speed it up, then u gotta slow it down...
antonOO2

14th Apr 03 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no more passing points to daddy for all the fannys out there
blebo

14th Apr 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get caught wearing a prosthetic mask of the queen
glasgow_corsa_c

14th Apr 03 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam
Truvelo Speed Cameras
The forward facing Truvelo camera system is designed to take photographs of the front of a passing vehicle. This allows the picture taken to show the driver of the vehicle as well. In countries such as Switzerland, Germany and the Scandinavian countries driver recognition is a required factor to enable a successful prosecution of a speed or red light offence. A single front photograph, taken just after the vehicle has crossed the piezo sensors used for speed measurement, includes all the secondary check information required. To avoid the 'flash' which is given out by a rear facing Gatso camera the Truvelo system uses an infra red flash which produces no visible 'flash' to the approaching driver. (Pictured above; a forward facing Truvelo speed camera, sometimes referred to as a 'pink eye'). These are becoming increasingly more used, especially with recent cases where the registered owner of a vehicle has disputed that he/she was not driving the vehicle at the time of the speeding offence. This system offers evidence as to the identity of the driver at the time of the offence.

http://www.truvelouk.com/

cheers mate, not sure if it was me or the other guy cos a van in the outside lane went ahead of me slightly faster than i was goin as we approached the camera, so dunno if i t was him or me...

oh well, just have to wait an see what happens...
broster
Premium Member

14th Apr 03 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have tons of these in northampton, little buggers!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SPEed Camers in donny 23 database queries in 0.0139840 seconds