corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying cars with cash...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying cars with cash...
A2H GO

User status: Offline
11th Aug 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On that amount of money and typical finance rates you'd pay much more than £1000 in interest.

If the law did get involved dealers would just sell at the higher price for both cash and finance options meaning the customer loses out either way. I wouldn't say its the dealers fault, more the fianance companies.

Hypothetically speaking, say they take in a trade in for £10,500 and put it on the forecourt for £11,000.

They get £1000 from the finance company if they sell on finance meaning they can drop it to £10,000 and still make £500. Customer thinks they've got a bargain getting £1000 off the asking price and they probably did, getting it for less than book price/others on the market.

The dealer has to sell it for £11,000 as a cash purchase to make the same amount of profit = buyer walks away not happy at not getting any money knocked off or just pays the asking price.
Liam-Wilko

11th Aug 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH finance works out to be 6 and 2 3s in the long run when u work it out finance dose reduce the inital price of the car but genuanly pay more on intrest with the likes of black hourse ext i tryed to get a fiesta for my missus not to long back cash price was 7k but when finance kiked in it worked out to be somthing stupid like 13.5k over the period i piced but i managed to offer cash to vardys when i was going to apply for a loan for a brand new astra and they offerd to know the car from 22k down to 16.5k and throw in some extras if i got my loan for the car and payed cash but sadly my bank told me to piss off haha
oceansoul

11th Aug 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
TBH finance works out to be 6 and 2 3s in the long run when u work it out finance dose reduce the inital price of the car but genuanly pay more on intrest with the likes of black hourse ext i tryed to get a fiesta for my missus not to long back cash price was 7k but when finance kiked in it worked out to be somthing stupid like 13.5k over the period i piced but i managed to offer cash to vardys when i was going to apply for a loan for a brand new astra and they offerd to know the car from 22k down to 16.5k and throw in some extras if i got my loan for the car and payed cash but sadly my bank told me to piss off haha

huh?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying cars with cash... 23 database queries in 0.0132630 seconds