corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v - 1.4 8v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v - 1.4 8v
mad_mike

User status: Offline
15th Apr 03 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want a new engine in me car cause the other is f*cked, i have the choice between having me 1.2 rebuilt or putting a 1.4 in (looks same for insurance), what would i have to do to fit a 1.4 8v from a 1.2 8v ? is all the wiring them same and would the engine just bolt straight in ?

thnx for help..
MattyB

15th Apr 03 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends wot 1.4 8v u go for? SPi or MPi? In other words, wot car is the 1.4 out of?
lacky75

15th Apr 03 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont quote me but i think the 1.4 8v will drop straight in,, i dont even think u will have to cahnge the gear box, the only thing u will need to keep from the 1.4 is the loom and ECU.
lacky75

15th Apr 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it is the Mpi, u will need to transfere stuf from the donor car, brakes, fuel pump, gearbox...etc.
MattyB

15th Apr 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the 1.2 8v brakes are crap anyway!! So get a set of nice Astra GTE ATE calipers......as for box, yep the MPi corsas had F13CR where as the 1.28v and 1.4 8v had the F10WR

Matt

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v - 1.4 8v 24 database queries in 0.0099330 seconds